FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle hunt

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I saw it with your PM. You really have excessive swing in closed loop. I would change the O2 sensor and see if that fixes it.
    PM relied. Thanks Dave!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Once in production, will we need to send our ECU cores to you for the board swap, or could we swap them out ourselves? I ask because as a CA resident whose subject to bi-annual smog tests, the service tech may want to get a reading off the dwell, and if it ain't swinging, he may chalk it up as a bad o2 sensor, or something. It'd be nice to keep both units, but if that's not a possibility that's fine. Appreciate your work!

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    Once in production, will we need to send our ECU cores to you for the board swap, or could we swap them out ourselves? I ask because as a CA resident whose subject to bi-annual smog tests, the service tech may want to get a reading off the dwell, and if it ain't swinging, he may chalk it up as a bad o2 sensor, or something. It'd be nice to keep both units, but if that's not a possibility that's fine. Appreciate your work!
    Get yourself a core for the transplant because there's no going back unless you like doing a lot of soldering. That's what I did when I got his idle ECU.
    Dave will do the work when you send him the core.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 10-28-2022 at 11:43 AM.

My VIN:    03572

I am using the stock 10 ohm resistor mounted on the outside of the case. I decided to use that to keep the heat away from the inside. So that is soldering those two wires. I could put a high power 10 ohm on the board to avoid that. Otherwise you would need to un-solder the connector and solder it to my board. The OEM board is riveted into the case where the connector mounts on each end. So you would need to drill those rivets to remove the old board.

I would think any smog test would just read the tailpipe emissions. I would not think any service guys even know about reading dwell and they would need a plug to connect to the engine diagnostic plug.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I am using the stock 10 ohm resistor mounted on the outside of the case. I decided to use that to keep the heat away from the inside. So that is soldering those two wires. I could put a high power 10 ohm on the board to avoid that. Otherwise you would need to un-solder the connector and solder it to my board. The OEM board is riveted into the case where the connector mounts on each end. So you would need to drill those rivets to remove the old board.

I would think any smog test would just read the tailpipe emissions. I would not think any service guys even know about reading dwell and they would need a plug to connect to the engine diagnostic plug.
    I'll keep a spare unit on hand as WHO1DMC suggested. Not sure why I didn't even think of that.

My car has a tendency to fail the first go-around, so it's not uncommon at my shop for the tech to "tweak" the mixture a little to get it to pass.

My VIN:    03572

I'll keep a spare unit on hand as WHO1DMC suggested. Not sure why I didn't even think of that.

My car has a tendency to fail the first go-around, so it's not uncommon at my shop for the tech to "tweak" the mixture a little to get it to pass.
    I bet mine will do better then a stock unit since the dwell holds without swinging. I would guess that swing rich and lean would average out when measuring the smog.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Get your cores early people before the cheap ones disappear! This will get popular I think!
    0280 800 023, 0280 800 033. Also eliminate spaces for different results.
    I just got one for 26 bucks.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 10-28-2022 at 12:25 PM.

I bet mine will do better then a stock unit since the dwell holds without swinging. I would guess that swing rich and lean would average out when measuring the smog.
    Perfect! Looking forward to another solid-state upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Get your cores early people before the cheap ones disappear! This will get popular I think!
    0280 800 023, 0280 800 033. Also eliminate spaces for different results.
    I just got one for 26 bucks.

Dave B.

Here's another core that will work 0280 800 021,0280 800 050,0280 800 053.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 10-28-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Here's another core that will work 0280 800 021,0280 800 050,0280 800 053.

Dave B.
    Scooped one up myself for $20.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast