FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Idle hunt

My VIN:    late '83

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I have been using it during all my idle ECU testing. It is nice seeing by the LED when lambda goes active. That is when the idle seems to run a little different. Also interesting I would see the LED go red (max dwell) which indicated my engine was still to rich. That red would only last for maybe 30 seconds. I don't know if that red will go away now that I've fixed some things with my K-jet.

I have 5 units ready to ship. I built those before I got tied up with my idle ECU update.
    Very cool. I?d like to try one out what updates to the idle ECU are you working on? I have your Rev B board.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by poidog View Post
    Very cool. I?d like to try one out what updates to the idle ECU are you working on? I have your Rev B board.
    Just trying to solve issues with auto owners with stage 2 engines. Have not found anything that would cause those issues but I'm changing the software so it requires the use of the idle switch. That helps me to use more options writing the software.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I have done more software work on my lambda ECU. First I think I had a bug causing my whole engine issues. But I continued work on the software and now I'm running it 4 times faster then my first units and I still don't get idle hunt. I will have to try an OEM lambda ECU to make sure I still get idle hunt with that.

So OEM changes the dwell from max to min in 8 to 10 seconds (speed of dwell changes).
    My lambda now does that in 16 seconds or has a user jumper to change it to 32 seconds.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I have done more software work on my lambda ECU. First I think I had a bug causing my whole engine issues. But I continued work on the software and now I'm running it 4 times faster then my first units and I still don't get idle hunt. I will have to try an OEM lambda ECU to make sure I still get idle hunt with that.

So OEM changes the dwell from max to min in 8 to 10 seconds (speed of dwell changes).
    My lambda now does that in 16 seconds or has a user jumper to change it to 32 seconds.
    Dave, I was just wondering how things were progressing on this front. Let know when you?re ready to ship some. I have a core ECU case ready for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Dave, I was just wondering how things were progressing on this front. Let know when you?re ready to ship some. I have a core ECU case ready for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that I can drive my D for errands I probably start selling them pretty soon. Just want to make sure no problems.

I started writing up some info.

LAMBDA ECU

This ECU was developed to eliminate idle hunt caused by the stock lambda ECU.

I also added a status LED but so far you only can see that LED looking at the front of the ECU case. With the LED off it indicates the O2 input is high impedance which is normal the O2 sensor is cold or disconnected. In that state the frequency valve is running at 50% duty cycle (45 deg. Dwell). With the LED green it shows your FV dwell is between 35 to 45 deg. Dwell. With the LED flashing green, it shows the dwell is running outside that range. With the LED solid red, it shows your dwell is holding at the minimum or maximum dwell. A fast-flashing red indicates wide open throttle is on holding 55 deg. Dwell.

One owner had a suggestion. Put it in a smaller box so there is more room in the cubby for a speaker/amp. This could be done but would require a new PCB and I want to wait till a few owners are using it.
    Dave M vin 03572

Well here is good new. I just plugged in a stock lambda ECU and when it goes closed loop I still get the idle hunt. That is good news for me because my ECU does not do that.
    Dave M vin 03572

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dave,

Do you think this would help the stage 2 guys?

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravina View Post
    Dave,

Do you think this would help the stage 2 guys?
    Really only advantage is to stop idle hunt. My unit still holds the same 14.7 AFR which is all you can do using a narrow band sensor. Only thing that may feel a difference is my wide open throttle instantly goes to 55 deg. dwell where as the stock unit steps to 55 deg. from where it was.

My unit also performs the same testing function as the stock unit. Open sensor, shorted sensor and 1.5 volt battery tests.

If your looking for more performance (AFR 12 or 13) you can install a wideband sensor and feed that output as an analog into the stock lambda ECU or my ECU would also do the same.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11