FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Idle hunt

My VIN:    4328

Lambda ecu

I'd be interested in sending you my stock unit to swap out as my cars garaged for the winter currently

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    I'd be interested in sending you my stock unit to swap out as my cars garaged for the winter currently
    I'm getting close to finishing the software. Not much control software has changed but I put a red/green LED on the production board. I plan to have have the LED off during initial open loop (unit is waiting for O2 sensor to warm up so it holds 45 deg. dwell). In closed loop the LED is green when dwell is between 35 and 45 deg. dwell. Running outside that range LED is flashing green. When unit hits the min or max dwell, Led is red.

Now it's a shame I can not get that LED outside the unit because you could use that to set your mixture adjustment (looking for solid green). I guess you could do the adjustment in the dark (see it inside the car). I do provide a user jumper to turn the LED off but it should not show with your cover on the rear compartment.

I did build up 10 production boards so I can start updating customer units. I'm charging $164 to do the update and return the unit to US addresses. Shipping requires priority mail to US address but I still can do first class to addresses over the boarder but because the weight is over 8 oz. that shipping cost goes up 3 to 4 times.

I do require a core to update.

Remember this unit is designed to stop idle hunting caused by the stock lambda ECU. If you have a sticky idle motor or marginal O2 sensor you may still get idle hunt. My unit does all the same functions of the stock unit but delays the loop timing.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 12-18-2022 at 05:31 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Dave,
    Would it be possible to add a plug for a remote LED? Then we could have an indicator on an extension cord that we could see when working in the engine compartment.
    Ron

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Dave,
    Would it be possible to add a plug for a remote LED? Then we could have an indicator on an extension cord that we could see when working in the engine compartment.
    Ron
    The LED is probably board mounted but what I have done on other applications is drill a small hole in the outer case over the led and use a larger piece of fiber optic cable, (around 1mm) to glue to the case with it lining up over the led.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The LED is probably board mounted but what I have done on other applications is drill a small hole in the outer case over the led and use a larger piece of fiber optic cable, (around 1mm) to glue to the case with it lining up over the led.
    Great idea. I do plan to make a jig to drill a hole in the case.

I just finished the LED software. I made one change in that when the unit has a floating O2 either during warm up or a disconnected O2 the LED is off
    Dave M vin 03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Dave,
    Ron
    It would be complicated to add a connector. The unit slides into the box case so it could not extent past that height. I could not find the pins to install into the lambda connector to add LED wires to. The circuit board connector does have some extra pins but there are no mating pins in the connector for those.
    Dave M vin 03572

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As always an idea gets me thinking. You (I can't add another product) could 3D print a holder for the fiber optic cable that holds it and screws onto the case.
    Dave M vin 03572

Finished my software. Tested in the car and found out you really need to let the engine warm to full heat to get a solid green LED. So if your adjusting the mixture I suggest you take a drive first. That will clean up your O2 sensor and get the engine to full temp.

I need to do more car testing. This lambda software is faster then my REV A boards but I put a user jumper in to slow it down if needed. This software also has a fine dwell adjustment if the O2 sensor is reading between 0.35 to 0.65 volts.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    late '83

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Hey Dave,
    Any update on the lambda boards?

Quote Originally Posted by poidog View Post
    Hey Dave,
    Any update on the lambda boards?
    I have been using it during all my idle ECU testing. It is nice seeing by the LED when lambda goes active. That is when the idle seems to run a little different. Also interesting I would see the LED go red (max dwell) which indicated my engine was still to rich. That red would only last for maybe 30 seconds. I don't know if that red will go away now that I've fixed some things with my K-jet.

I have 5 units ready to ship. I built those before I got tied up with my idle ECU update.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast