Thread: New Delorean by Kat Delorean

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

New Delorean by Kat Delorean

Anyone see this article and Website?

http://dngmotors.com/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...4baeefb2eb9a8e

Looks pretty nice IMO.

Hopefully they succeed and the Delorean name isn?t diluted or associated with yet another failed New DeLorean.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    05457

Looks interesting. I was surprised to read she says she will begin production this coming January! Must be pretty solid, I can't imagine announcing production to begin in 2 months if everything wasn't ready to go.

I haven't see anything announcing pre-orders, making me wonder if the January build timeframe is for a prototype version rather than a production version. Not sure.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    11596

Conflicting information in various articles versus what she has said publicly. Nothing but CGI and renderings so far. A few Fanatics who refuse to pay going rates for a real DeLorean (crossing fingers for a financial meltdown and value crash back to 2005 pricing) are the biggest cheerleaders as far as I can tell. If they "start building" in January with something to unveil at the end of 2023, I'll eat my fuel accumulator.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Sorry you paid "bubble" prices for your car Andy. Seems like Kat's car is a solid go - there are countless news articles about it, and it was on the front page of even "Maxim" this morning. Kat wouldn't do anything like this if it wasn't for real. It also looks like it has the support and involvement of some original players like Biill Collins, and Fred Dellis of DAG Automotive Group (legend industries).

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Conflicting information in various articles versus what she has said publicly. Nothing but CGI and renderings so far. A few Fanatics who refuse to pay going rates for a real DeLorean (crossing fingers for a financial meltdown and value crash back to 2005 pricing) are the biggest cheerleaders as far as I can tell. If they "start building" in January with something to unveil at the end of 2023, I'll eat my fuel accumulator.

Remember those watches JZD was trying to sell at the DCS 2000 to promote his new car? This seems like a modern day version of that.

The whole "new Delorean" thing to me feels like there were two companies making electric cars with gullwing doors. One company decided to partner with DMC Houston and was able to secure the name. Meanwhile the other company is like "aw crap...another gullwing EV? Hey, someone call up Kat and get her to back us."

I'm sure I'm 100% wrong, but my simplistic mind went that direction upon hearing all this stuff. And like everything else, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by dmcerik; 10-31-2022 at 03:55 PM.

It didn't happen because he passed away... Kat was helping him promote that as well. BTW, NFT's are almost the modern version of what they were doing with the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Remember those watches JZD was trying to sell at the DCS 2000 to promote his new car? This seems like a modern day version of that.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by gullwingD View Post
    Sorry you paid "bubble" prices for your car Andy. Seems like Kat's car is a solid go - there are countless news articles about it, and it was on the front page of even "Maxim" this morning. Kat wouldn't do anything like this if it wasn't for real. It also looks like it has the support and involvement of some original players like Biill Collins, and Fred Dellis of DAG Automotive Group (legend industries).
    Sorry bud, got my car in 2000. And yeah, every website likes to retweet juicy stories for dem clicks. Wake me up when there's something more a drum roll and video game cut scenes.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by gullwingD View Post
    It didn't happen because he passed away... Kat was helping him promote that as well. BTW, NFT's are almost the modern version of what they were doing with the watch.
    I agree that the watches didn't happen because he passed away, but did he really have anything besides some drawings and a dream?
    Last edited by dmcerik; 10-31-2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: adjusted how I said something.

My VIN:    5757

Will probably never happen but it looks a lot better than the Alpha thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post

The whole "new Delorean" thing to me feels like there were two companies making electric cars with gullwing doors. One company decided to partner with DMC Houston and was able to secure the name. Meanwhile the other company is like "aw crap...another gullwing EV? Hey, someone call up Kat and get her to back us."

I'm sure I'm 100% wrong, but my simplistic mind went that direction upon hearing all this stuff. And like everything else, we'll see what happens.
    I had a similar thought. I see two electric cars that were built/imagined/planned..whatever..for something else and now will be repurposed as new DeLoreans. It would explain why Kats timeline is so quick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast