FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Frame for sale MT

Frame for sale MT

Delorean DMC-12 manual transmission frame
    This frame came off an early model Delorean that had been in an accident. The frame was removed from the car and stored since. It is in really good shape as far as corrosion/rust goes. It isn?t COMPLETELY corrosion/rust free but pretty good for a 41 year old frame. I would say it is an 8 or 9 out of 10 as far as rust/corrosion. The cages for the captive nuts near the rear spring and shock mount have been cut because someone in the past had cut the body bolts and what was left in the captive nuts was seized so the nuts just spun in the cages. Easy fix or just use a nut regular nut before installing coilovers.
    When I bought the frame it had the following damage- right front shock tower bent, front Y slightly bent to one side, rear Y slightly bent to one side, rear most part of frame pushed slightly to one side and down on one corner, left radius arm mount pushed in some. This summer i bought the frame to a body shop. They had my frame way longer than they said they would. Paid them $1500 to get my frame back. After I got the frame back I took measurements and found that the frame was still not 100% fixed. Everything listed is fixed EXCEPT the frame rear Y is still tweaked off to one side slightly. I called every place around that does frame straightening and nobody wanted to fix it for me. Some were too busy, some didn?t ?have it in their computer?, and others just didn?t want to deal with an odd ball car. So I threw in the towel and ended up buying a perfect , straight frame for $7200. If you are handy or know a good shop that straightened frames this frame will save you a ton of money over buying a new frame. If you don?t need a Deloresn frame you could buy this, fix it, and sell it for $6,000+. I have over $3000 and a lot of time and frustrations invested. Asking $3,000 OBRO.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Still have this for sale if anyone is interested

My VIN:    000774

Club(s):   (DMA)

PM sent

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

MT frame...

Where are you located?

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Where are you located?
    Howdy Paul!

He's actually in Maine. When he titled the thread "Frame for sale MT" he actually meant it's a manual-trans frame. Hope you're doing well!
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Where are you located?
    Sorry, yes I am in Maine

Had this sold I thought but it is back available.
    Don't let the long description scare you away. It is in really good shape. PM me