FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The DBolt Upgraded Drive Shaft Bolts Kit - feedback?

My VIN:    3937

The DBolt Upgraded Drive Shaft Bolts Kit - feedback?

Have any of you bought and installed these drive shaft bolts from DeLoreanGO? I am considering getting a set.

https://www.deloreango.com/ca/upgrad...bolts-kit.html

Any feedback, comments, thoughts?

Are they good quality? Do they fit properly? Is the torque spec the same as the original bolts?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Have any of you bought and installed these drive shaft bolts from DeLoreanGO? I am considering getting a set.

https://www.deloreango.com/ca/upgrad...bolts-kit.html

Any feedback, comments, thoughts?

Are they good quality? Do they fit properly? Is the torque spec the same as the original bolts?
    I purchased a similar set of these from DPI and installed them with my new axles. The primary benefit to me was ease of installation/future re-installation. I used the same torque specs as the bolts would have needed. They fit perfectly and was an easy one-man job on a lift.

My VIN:    11596

I bought mine from DPI. Fits perfectly and now I can remove the axles in about 5 minutes using an impact with the correct allen bit. This is a no-brainer upgrade.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    nov 81

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I bought mine from DPI. Fits perfectly and now I can remove the axles in about 5 minutes using an impact with the correct allen bit. This is a no-brainer upgrade.
    what andy said
    Attached Images

My VIN:    03572

MaMaster-Carr has the same M10-1.5x60 bolts grade 12.9. Sure they have the lock washers also. But if your buying other things may not be worth not buying from Dgo.

Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

Thanks. I?ll likely try and get a set.

Getting them from DeLoreanGO versus DPI or McCarthur has more to do with being Canadian and growing tired of taking it in the ass with the exchange rate and customs / shipping coming from US suppliers. DeLoGO has always had far better rates for reasons unknown to me so that?s where I go for parts unless there?s something I just can?t get from them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1561

I never really understood this upgrade. I?ve had my axles off a couple times, most recently a few weeks ago and never really had a problem using a regular socket, even with a bulky impact gun. The use of air tools is really what makes this a breeze, regardless of the bolt style.
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by todd1561 View Post
    I never really understood this upgrade. I?ve had my axles off a couple times, most recently a few weeks ago and never really had a problem using a regular socket, even with a bulky impact gun. The use of air tools is really what makes this a breeze, regardless of the bolt style.
    I think it depends on the boot and the clamp style. Some of them are so thick and heavy duty that you literally cannot get a socket on it (I have Grady boots and that's the case, you have to take the cap screws off with open end wrenches unless you have the allen head bolts)
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I think it depends on the boot and the clamp style. Some of them are so thick and heavy duty that you literally cannot get a socket on it (I have Grady boots and that's the case, you have to take the cap screws off with open end wrenches unless you have the allen head bolts)
    I have both the DPI and DGo ones; they are much the same. Curiously, one car with the DPI bolts doesn't have the small two hole plates. My other car does, but was missing one, so had to get another. The difference is that you
    can get them off without having to rotate the wheels, although with a few wobble extensions on the driver side around the coolant line. Getting them back on you still have to rotate so a torque wrench can be used easily. But the
    I think the allen head does make a difference.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I bought the DGo set a couple of years ago. I found they made removal and installation much quicker. As usual they arrived in a hurry and everything was there as described.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast