FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest Lawsuit: DMCH Sues NBC Universal over DMC Royalties

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Has DMCH ever produced any paperwork saying they own the naming rights? Otherwise, it kind of looks like they just bought a bunch of parts in 2000.

If Universal wins this case, how would it affect the relationship between DMCH and Hotwheels?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    Per this document, it seems it is now legally established fact that the things hanging off the back of the BTTF car are "thrusters", and not vents like we all assumed. This explains how the car got up to 88 in the mall parking lot, versus needing a half-mile and a tailwind like I think my car requires :/
    Sort of... my understanding was that pre-hover conversion they are vents for the plutonium powered nuclear reactor. Only until the very end of the film when we see the car fly for the first time to the vents ever light up inside as thrusters to propel the car in flight.

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    If Universal wins this case, how would it affect the relationship between DMCH and Hotwheels?
    It probably wouldn't change anything, Hotwheels could have made the car and used the original DMC logo as they deemed fit since it's in the public domain. The don't because DMCH claims they own the logo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2