FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Fuel Pressure test guage hook-up/tests

Fuel Pressure test guage hook-up/tests

Just purchased a fuel pressures test guage---NAPA 700-1438 (for C.I.S. Bosch K-Jetronic F.I. Pressure Tester). Have read the inclosed instructions---they provide a hookup chart for different cars---Delorean not shown--the chart lists various adapters to use for each model application(adapters included). I also have the DMC/B28F F.I. hose schematic, as well as the workshop manual(section D:02:02---I'm not sure I understand the correct hookup for testing---it appears the guage connects from the top center port of the fuel distributor, to the rear most fitting on the warmup regulator--is this correct?? Also, workshop says make pressure tests with engine off, RPM relay jumpered----instructions with tester says make pressure tests with engine running??
    Can someone who has performed pressure tests before advise correct connections/test procedures---I want to be sure I'm doing this correctly. My reason is no rest pressure----have changed pump, check valve, filter, accumulator. Thanks for any help.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You disconnect the hose that goes from the top, center of the mixture unit to the CPR at the CPR. Take the loose end (of the *original line* see fig 1 and hook it to your tester. The hose from your tester goes to where you removed the hose on the CPR. The general instructions included with your gauge are not correct for this application. Use the Workshop Manual. To watch the CPR during warm-up you WILL be running the motor and to watch the rest pressure you will NOT be running the motor. The pressure gauge cannot tell you WHY you are losing rest pressure, it can only tell you if you are losing it. Refer to D:01:14, and D:02:01 para 5.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    03572

If your gauge has a shutoff valve, hooked up to the center FD location and the valve shut you can read primary pressure. In that case you do the test engine off and RPM relay jumpered. You should get 75 PSI +/- 5 PSI.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/