FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Inspired wheels. 17 and 18 inch

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I miss the stock style wheels, and given the opportunity would be interested in designing and manufacturing a upsized set. I have seen the wheels on the 2JZ car in person and they look spot on to the originals, just several sizes larger. A little too large but that is a matter of opinion. I do also have some reservations towards multi piece wheels, if not done correctly they can chronically leak.

I am currently running 16x7F and 17x9R. I would go a little wider in the front but tire sizes are limiting. I strongly believe these diameters suit the car well. 45 series tires still give a decent amount of sidewall.

A somewhat quick model of a front wheel in CAD with editable diameter/width

You left us with a cliff hanger when you showed us the D wheel in CAD with editable diameter/width... Do you have aspiration to, if not produce, but maybe design an updated wheel with a D stock look? I am mostly interested in an updated set of rear wheels
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    You left us with a cliff hanger when you showed us the D wheel in CAD with editable diameter/width... Do you have aspiration to, if not produce, but maybe design an updated wheel with a D stock look? I am mostly interested in an updated set of rear wheels
    No idea about Josh with his recent job change, but the DMCH SEMA car had a nice set of 17/18 OE look wheels.

I did talk to James and if they get enough interest, it would be on the table for production. Maybe give them a ring and put your name down.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I did talk to James and if they get enough interest, it would be on the table for production. Maybe give them a ring and put your name down.
    LOL that's unintentionally telling on DMCH's part.

I thought they were going to be building the newest version of the New "New DeLorean" the Gloss Black Edition: DeLorean GTO.

But if they aren't currently even planning to go into production on the wheels, it sounds like that confirms the car is just another round of vaporware like the previous several "New" DeLoreans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    LOL that's unintentionally telling on DMCH's part.

I thought they were going to be building the newest version of the New "New DeLorean" the Gloss Black Edition: DeLorean GTO.

But if they aren't currently even planning to go into production on the wheels, it sounds like that confirms the car is just another round of vaporware like the previous several "New" DeLoreans.
    I mean he told me they plan to make them anyways, but with more interest, the more likely it will become a thing.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I mean he told me they plan to make them anyways, but with more interest, the more likely it will become a thing.
    They have ?plans? and ?hopes? all the time. The rest is just ?noise?.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

No idea about Josh with his recent job change, but the DMCH SEMA car had a nice set of 17/18 OE look wheels.
    They look great in person.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    They look great in person.
    I love Josh?s wheels and I think there?s lots of wheels that would look good, but it?s like painting a Delorean. Yes, it looks good, but trying to make the car look different is not really the goal of a Delorean owner. If I had a Dodge Challenger, I would need to modify it to stand out from all the rest. I don?t need to do that with the Delorean because I?ve yet to see another one on the road.

I?ve had people tell me that Deloreans are all over south Florida. Obviously, that is an exaggeration, but do you guys see them with somewhat regularly?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I?ve had people tell me that Deloreans are all over south Florida. Obviously, that is an exaggeration, but do you guys see them with somewhat regularly?
    I'm aware of 3 total in my area; Rodolfo, myself, and one other I have yet to meet. (saw car in repair shop) According to this we have a high population of Ds.
    http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages...ew_totals.aspx
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I'm aware of 3 total in my area; Rodolfo, myself, and one other I have yet to meet. (saw car in repair shop) According to this we have a high population of Ds.
    http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages...ew_totals.aspx
    Just in SWFL, I know of 3 other owners besides me and you.

So that's about 5 in SWFL alone, and there's another 5 or so in SEFL. There's a lot more in central FL though.

Just in SWFL, I know of 3 other owners besides me and you.

So that's about 5 in SWFL alone, and there's another 5 or so in SEFL. There's a lot more in central FL though.
    Funny, I?ve never seen mine on the road. My wife is the only person to ever drive it and I was inside. I can?t even imagine seeing one on the road while driving mine. I?ll be flabbergasted if it ever happens.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast