FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beware of DPI ? DeLorean Performance Industries

My VIN:    7012

For what it's worth, putting ads on a search engine like Google or Bing is usually called SEM, search engine marketing. SEO is search engine optimization which is the free results that Google and Bing get from looking at text on a site, links to it, etc.

You are allowed to buy competitor brand ads still, as far as I know. Typically it is not worth it because people don't click much, and the search engines charge less for clicks if lots of people click and more for the clicks if not many people click... But there might be enough brand confusion here that people are confused and think the top result is DPNW.

Most people just make the headline of the ad include the words you searched for, and it is possible that DPI didn't intentionally bid on this term but rather just said they wanted to bid for any search that includes "delorean parts" or maybe just "delorean" no matter what else is in the search. So I'd be cautious about ascribing devious motives here. I've seen a bunch of DPI ads lately too, I think on Facebook, so they might just be testing a bunch of stuff out to see what works.

Anyways I'm just pumped that there's finally a topic on this board I know something about! It's either this or late 90s RPG video games, or else I will continue to just be a listener/learner in these threads :-)

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Money talks and BS just stinks the place up. Money paid for ads gets the buyer ads. Simple and effective. Nothing nefarious about that. If OP wants to change that, he can donate $ to the vendor of his choice to change it. But that is highly unlikely. Or buy Chinese parts from other sources. I?m buying the good stuff for my DeLoreans from DPI, not parts I have to hack to get on and replace when the fail.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Oh dear...

Screenshot_20230116-072114_Chrome.jpg

It seems to be working fine otherwise..
    Screenshot_20230116-074247_Chrome.jpg
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    5312

Josh and DPI are top notch. I call, he has my number saved so knows my name. Has the best qualoity products products unlike some other vendors dgo cough, and is leading the way in upgrades to the prv and turbocharging. Not to mention his development of the stainless chassis. I dont understand this post. he just upped his online presence.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

This thread subtracts from the sum total of human knowledge.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Check out the article for more screenshots of DPI's dishonest ads on Google -]
    Wow....you do realize that lots of companies pay marketing agencies and this is the result of what the marketing agency did, and not Josh/DPI - who I'm sure have nothing better to do, right?, did themselves? If nothing else, you've gotten me to post here for the first time this year, that's how ridiculous this thread is.
    -----Dan B.

All from the person that created mouse mingle to ride the coat tails of Disney?

My VIN:    11596

I bit my tongue and didn't want to bring it up but you'd think the guy who hosts "Mouse Mingle" for Disneys would know how SEO and Adwords works
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I bit my tongue and didn't want to bring it up but you'd think the guy who hosts "Mouse Mingle" for Disneys would know how SEO and Adwords works
    That was my original thought.

He lost most of his credibility with me when he put a shout out to the community regarding helping him with missing DeLorean World covers, dates, etc a year or two ago. Every single issue that he needed, I had already scanned and recorded all of this shit in a spreadsheet (I documented my collection while bored during recovery from spine surgery in 2020). He kept going back and forth with me about if the data in my spreadsheet was correct because the season and year are not on the front cover of these magazines after I had told him repeatedly that information was on the damned editors page. At that point, nope... f**k it. Not worth my time when I was simply trying to offer the knowledge and data.

While Dave is correct on many fronts with Mothership Houston, this is an assinine claim that is based on false understanding of Domain Marketing, SEO, and common sense.

There is too much drama in the DeLorean community these days... No one needs Mr. Mingle to go about stirring the shit pot while there are already dozens of folks swimming in it.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast