FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, solid lugs that fit correctly!

I found a set of lug nuts that are almost identical to the stock ones.

These are 29.5mm vs the original 29.2mm.

Dorman 611-087. Seem to be good quality, and available at any part store. About $2 each at rockauto.

From my experience these are by far the best fit for our cars other than stock.

Hope this helps.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by yuiou View Post
    I found a set of lug nuts that are almost identical to the stock ones.

These are 29.5mm vs the original 29.2mm.

Dorman 611-087. Seem to be good quality, and available at any part store. About $2 each at rockauto.

From my experience these are by far the best fit for our cars other than stock.

Hope this helps.
    According to the info I've found online these are constructed similar to the stock lug nuts. IE they are capped and not solid. Might as well just buy the DMCH reproductions that are exact if going with capped lug nuts and not solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    According to the info I've found online these are constructed similar to the stock lug nuts. IE they are capped and not solid. Might as well just buy the DMCH reproductions that are exact if going with capped lug nuts and not solid.

You are right, they are capped.

I got these because they work out to about half the price of DMC ones.

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    I got these lugs from Gorilla. It's their "Tuner" aluminum series. I got these because they are colored & closely match my custom dark powder coated wheels, but more importantly they are shorter than the solid Gorillasthat I had & they don't extend far past the front wheels. They are also smaller diameter & use a spline drive adapter that won't scratch up the wheels. The spline drive does a little for anti theft too.
    Justin, do you have a part number for the ones that you bought? Those look quite nice.

EDIT: Are they the 42133AL small diameter silver lug nuts? http://www.gorilla-auto.com/aluminum-lug-nuts-page-02
    Last edited by dmruschell; 08-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    02075

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    Justin, do you have a part number for the ones that you bought? Those look quite nice.

EDIT: Are they the 42133AL small diameter silver lug nuts? http://www.gorilla-auto.com/aluminum-lug-nuts-page-02
    Yep, I got the Titanium color, but those are the exact ones that I got. Best price was on Amazon that I found for a 20 pack....you get 4 extras to throw into storage to replace ones that you scratch the anodize off of as time goes by.

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

I found a few lug nuts from Dorman that might work.

1. 19mm hex, chrome, conical seat, 30.7mm (1.2mm longer than the capped ones previously listed). They're also 1.2mm longer than the Honda lug nuts that some people use, but others have had problems with bottoming out. I would hope that extra 1.2mm of clearance would mean that these don't bottom out. Does anyone have any experience with these? http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-1022...origin=keyword Available as a 10 pack on eBay for $40-$60

2. Spline, chrome, conical seat, 1.39 inches long. http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2881...origin=keyword Available for $32.99 at AutoZone http://www.autozone.com/suspension-s...ck/679506_0_0/
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette

I found a seller on eBay that's selling the Dorman 611-221 at a very reasonable price (around $10 for 10 lug nuts with free shipping) and decided to get a pack to see how they look and fit. Long story short, I just bought 3 more packs to fill out both of our cars.

They have a rounded end instead of the original pointed end in the caps (most of my caps are badly dented, so I didn't even know they were supposed to be pointed until I happened to find some that weren't dented on my car). They also stick out maybe 1 or 2 mm farther than OEM capped nuts. However, they do not stick out nearly as far as the Gorilla lug nuts I've seen. I also didn't notice any problems with them bottoming out, as some have experienced with the Honda lug nuts. They also have the correct taper, which the Honda lug nuts don't have.

Here are some pictures. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    -Derrin

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

That's a pretty damn good deal, considering many on eBay sell them for crazy high prices.

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    I found a seller on eBay that's selling the Dorman 611-221 at a very reasonable price (around $10 for 10 lug nuts with free shipping) and decided to get a pack to see how they look and fit. Long story short, I just bought 3 more packs to fill out both of our cars.

They have a rounded end instead of the original pointed end in the caps (most of my caps are badly dented, so I didn't even know they were supposed to be pointed until I happened to find some that weren't dented on my car). They also stick out maybe 1 or 2 mm farther than OEM capped nuts. However, they do not stick out nearly as far as the Gorilla lug nuts I've seen. I also didn't notice any problems with them bottoming out, as some have experienced with the Honda lug nuts. They also have the correct taper, which the Honda lug nuts don't have.

Here are some pictures. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    What is the link to ebay seller??

Quote Originally Posted by durech View Post
    What is the link to ebay seller??
    The seller that I bought my test set from doesn't have any more available. However, I just purchased my remaining 3 sets from this seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381452941499...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I haven't received the additional 3 sets, so I can't speak for my experience with this seller yet, but will report back when the lug nuts arrive.
    -Derrin

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast