FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Finally, solid lugs that fit correctly!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I have no dog in this fight and I couldn't care less if anyone uses them or not. I'm pretty tired of defending them and if me driving over 10k over a 5 year period doesn't convince you then no loss on my part. I think they looked pretty good on my car so I shared the info. You can tear into it and me for all I care. Whatever gets you through. DON'T RUN HONDA LUGS! YOU WILL SURELY DIE!

There, I'm done.

My VIN:    16409

I'm sorry Michael, I wasn't mad at you or anything. I was just looking for your opinion. It didn't occur to to me that my wheel studs could be non-stock. I'm not blaming you at all for me deciding to buy them. I was able to get a set for $30. I actually have a Honda that uses these lugs, so if they don't end up working on the DeLorean, I'll have a spare set for my CR-Z. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I appreciate all your hard work to better our cars.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I'm sorry Michael, I wasn't mad at you or anything. I was just looking for your opinion. It didn't occur to to me that my wheel studs could be non-stock. I'm not blaming you at all for me deciding to buy them. I was able to get a set for $30. I actually have a Honda that uses these lugs, so if they don't end up working on the DeLorean, I'll have a spare set for my CR-Z. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I appreciate all your hard work to better our cars.
    Not you man, your question was legit. No worries and no offense taken

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Either your lugs are wrong, your studs are too long (got your spacers on the rear?) Or mine are just too right.
    These are how far my front studs stick out:

image.jpg

My rear studs don't stick out nearly that far.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

I will pull one lug off my front and measure it tomorrow. Pretty sure there are no spacers supposed to be on the front wheels but I could be wrong. If I remember right the spacers are only on the rears (on my car anyway)

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm assuming these are the lug nuts on Rock Auto? - https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/do...1,lug+nut,7676

I like the idea of NOT having caps that come off. And the extra couple millimeters doesn't seem like a big deal.

QUESTION: Are the original (and DMC repro) lugs 19mm hex?

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    I found the Dorman 611-221 lug nuts on Rock Auto. Their prices were better than any of the eBay sellers (which I didn't want to have to deal with again), but not as good as the original 10 that I bought. Rock Auto sell them in packs of 10 and 5.

My VIN:    10644

I just bought these Dorman 611221 lug nuts from RockAuto: https://www.rockauto.com/?mfr=DORMAN&partnum=611221

The previous owner had other aftermarket lug nuts on my car when I bought it. I suspect they're from Hervey because the PO did a lot of business with him. These are my former (very long) lug nuts compared to the Dorman lug nuts.

IMG_9257.jpg IMG_9260.jpg IMG_9261.jpg

For comparison to stock, see this photo from dmruschell: http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...1&d=1455817713

Michael, thanks for starting this thread with your findings on the Honda lug nuts. I know they're working for you, but for anyone who wants solid lug nuts (not capped) with the correct acorn seat, go with these.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post

Michael, thanks for starting this thread with your findings on the Honda lug nuts. I know they're working for you, but for anyone who wants solid lug nuts (not capped) with the correct acorn seat, go with these.
    This summer I may replace mine with these. I'm not opposed to making a change and just because something worked for me doesn't mean it was right. I'm glad there is a solid alternative to the OE lugs now. My Honda lugs served me well for the last 6 or 7 years but now there is something better on the market and I'm all about better.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I just bought these Dorman 611221 lug nuts from RockAuto: https://www.rockauto.com/?mfr=DORMAN&partnum=611221

The previous owner had other aftermarket lug nuts on my car when I bought it. I suspect they're from Hervey because the PO did a lot of business with him. These are my former (very long) lug nuts compared to the Dorman lug nuts.

IMG_9257.jpg IMG_9260.jpg IMG_9261.jpg

For comparison to stock, see this photo from dmruschell: http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...1&d=1455817713

I purchased some of these lug nuts. I was somewhat amused when they arrived in a sturdy cardboard box packed carefully with plastic air cushions and sporting a large warning label:
    lug nets 02.jpg lug nets 03.jpg

Ron

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

So, am I seeing this correctly, that box of lug nuts was $5.79 + Shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast