Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
I'd have to check my records but I haven't changed my fuel filter in at least 10years. Well over due. But I put on between 9k - 13k miles a year. I still get 23-29mpg depending upon how I drive. So I guess it really would depend upon "if" any - and "what kind" of contaminants have gotten into your fuel lines to cause your filter to clog up. Yes, I'm over due. Yes it should be changed. But I would not be too concerned about it. If my car lasted this long, you going over a little bit should not matter much (unless your system was opened at some time changing lines or parts - or received contaminated fuel).

I also need to update my signature as I am up over 250k miles now.
Yes, you can consider yourself overdue but you are an exception because of all of the miles you do per year. BTW, one bad tank of gas can plug up everything but that is a rarity these days. More common to have a car parked (not stored) and years later the fuel has turned into shoe polish and you have to scrape it out of the tank. Today's fuel has all kinds of additives and cleaners in it so don't get too worried about changing the filter. Before you do the filter consider using a fuel system cleaner. I like Techron. Add it to a full tank of fresh gas and use it all the way down to Empty. Refill with fresh gas and then change the filter. That way you will have broken up and flushed out any deposits and trapped them in the filter that you will be changing.