FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: CV boot replacement how-to?

CV boot replacement how-to?

hi, does anyone have a good How-To video or guide on removing the axels, replacing the boots and grease, then putting it all back together?

Nevermind. I found this soon after I posted.
    Attached Files

My VIN:    03500

That's what I used.

Dave B.

I used the guide and it went great. Replacing those drive shaft bolts with upgraded versions made putting things back together much easier.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    I used the guide and it went great. Replacing those drive shaft bolts with upgraded versions made putting things back together much easier.
    I just finished this too. Did the passenger side last summer, driver's side inner boot tore in October and I didn't get to it before the weather got cold.

I used the original bolts still and while it can be a challenge to get the socket on one or two of the bolt heads depending on how your boot clamps are situated, I realized that if you go down in ratchet drive size (i.e. from the 1/2" drive to the medium 3/8" drive) you will tend to see the wall thickness of the sockets decrease too. And this was all I needed to get my only problematic bolt out. My regular socket wouldn't go on because of the clamp position, but this medium sized socket slid on no problem.

So just another little trick to keep in mind as you do this job. Happy motoring.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior