FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: smoke test injectors

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I do it all the time with an open end wrench but mine has anti-seize on it. You could cut the wire off and use a boxed end wrench to get better angles.
    I cut the wire off and used a deep socket with a breaker bar on mine.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    I cut the wire off and used a deep socket with a breaker bar on mine.
    The safest way to get it loose is to use an acetylene torch and get it red hot. Even if you can get a good wrench on it and get it out cold, you risk ripping up the threads. When you install the new one they usually come with a dab of anti-seize already on them. If they don't, put a dab on, just be careful not to get any on the probe.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    nov 81

I gave up on the sensor. It appears to be original. breaker bars, heat, 3 different style o2 sockets/wrenches. Im outsourcing this one to a muffler shop at some point. it wont budge and its starting to round.. based on todays test i think its still working. So i will let it ride for now...

I am happy to say that thanks to the comments (and detailed instruction from Andy) I got the rhythmic hot idle pretty much solved. I ordered a cheap dwell meter on amazon. $32 Cold start it sat at 22.. when it started swinging it was 22-28.5 .. I got it to 15.5 -22.5 until the fans kicked on. then it stopped swinging for a minute and started back up and stayed 17.5 to 22.5 . I will let it cool down completely and test again from cold. Thanks again to all that helped.
    Thanks Andy for detail on setting it. I missed your last post talking about dwell in this thread. I should have done that right out of the gate. It made all the difference.

Hope this helps someone in the future..

Dave..
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3