FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door roof seals

My VIN:    10270

I have a newer seal (probably 15 years or older by this part) and it does the same thing. Rubs against the roofbox, squeaks, and stalls the door opening.

It would make more sense for this to be a 2 part seal. Once directly mounted to the T panel and a shorter / thinner companion on the door side.

You'd still get the same finished appearance / reduction in wind noise / water channeling, but without touching the body structure.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    03572

I've been thinking of what would work better. All I than think of that may help would be the rubber glued directly on the edge of the door and it made as short as possible to just hit under the T panel. I may try this someday. I would need to have the T panel off to be able to glue it onto the edge of the door.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Years ago a friend of mine had DMCH replace the roof seals and they rubbed badly and sounded terrible. So what we did was with the doors closed, run a pencil on the seal while against the T-panel. We then removed the T-panel and cut the rubber just past the pencil mark (give yourself a good buffer as you can always trim more later if needed). This made the seals just long enough to fill that gap, but not bind and rub like crazy.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    Years ago a friend of mine had DMCH replace the roof seals and they rubbed badly and sounded terrible. So what we did was with the doors closed, run a pencil on the seal while against the T-panel. We then removed the T-panel and cut the rubber just past the pencil mark (give yourself a good buffer as you can always trim more later if needed). This made the seals just long enough to fill that gap, but not bind and rub like crazy.
    I do like that idea.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I do like that idea.
    Maybe a shot of silicone to help them slide and not bunch up too. Maybe the door seals you get now are a bit too big and do need to be trimmed. When I replaced my door seals no one ever had this problem but that was a long time ago.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2