FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: OEM Sparkplug Wires

My VIN:    6778

OEM Sparkplug Wires

It's been a while, were the original spark plug wires orange with black connectors?

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Rob Grady told me Bougicord supplied DMC with two specs of spark plug wires, the good ones are all black and the red ones were not so good.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    It's been a while, were the original spark plug wires orange with black connectors?
    No. The original wires were all black and made by Bougicord (French). Replacement parts direct from DeLorean to dealers for service were sometimes red Bougicord, which, unfortunately, apparently were junk.

Rob does carry a high quality spark plug wire set from Poland if you want to message him and inquire about getting a set.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    No. The original wires were all black and made by Bougicord (French). Replacement parts direct from DeLorean to dealers for service were sometimes red Bougicord, which, unfortunately, apparently were junk.

Rob does carry a high quality spark plug wire set from Poland if you want to message him and inquire about getting a set.
    Actually I replaced the originals with the red ones back in 86 and they seem to still be fine. I just wasn't sure if they were OEM as it's been along time since I replaced them and I still have another new set here, complete with the included plastic push holder to install them. But if they were junk to start with then it's unlikely anyone would want them. I don't remember why I had them, but when I had problems with the original wires I already had 2 sets of spares and was able to install a set in 86. I'll check it out at night to see if there's an issue, but it seems to be running fine.

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Actually I replaced the originals with the red ones back in 86 and they seem to still be fine. I just wasn't sure if they were OEM as it's been along time since I replaced them and I still have another new set here, complete with the included plastic push holder to install them. But if they were junk to start with then it's unlikely anyone would want them. I don't remember why I had them, but when I had problems with the original wires I already had 2 sets of spares and was able to install a set in 86. I'll check it out at night to see if there's an issue, but it seems to be running fine.
    Plus it's only the plug wires, no coil wire.

IMG_20230717_174301009.jpg