FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Crazy

Manual:
    << This selection (First - 1) Will allow First Gear operation only>>

It seems to say: block the first gear. is there an error then? so it's normal that it changes if the pedal is light and I go over a certain speed.....?

Thanks

:-) Screenshot_2023-08-10-17-17-36-084_com.synology.dsdrive.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

It's possible the new ones (with the new circuit board) will allow the safety to work both ways. I believe the trans governor was originally designed not to allow the trans to go into first gear if the speed was over (28mph if I recall). Maybe the new boards allow it to upshift over 28 as well even if the selector is in 1st?
    Last edited by Michael; 08-14-2023 at 08:46 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    Early

It's probably the linkage not adjusted properly.

If it's too far out one direction, you can't get 1st gear properly engaged. Too far in the other direction and no park.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

I have both the "park" and "neutral" positions correctly. so consequently I believe that everything is correct from a connection point of view. thanks for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by alexdmc1 View Post
    I have both the "park" and "neutral" positions correctly. so consequently I believe that everything is correct from a connection point of view. thanks for your answer

You'd be surprised.

I dealt with that when I was automatic. It's a tight adjustment and everything else seems fine. You just lose park or 1st.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

wow! would you be able to help me to correctly adjust the right position? I repeat, P, N, D seem correct to me.....

I forgot to add, one way to tell if it is an adjustment issue is to remove the shift lever external assembly (cover, spring, button) and the center console plate. Then you go for a drive and pull the lever all the way back. If it holds first gear with that, then it needs adjustment.

Adjustment may require removal of the shift mechanism as the adjustment is at the forward shift tube. You'd have to remove the tube and loosen the jamb nut.

I left my jamb nut loose as it allowed me to adjust the forward tube by disconnecting it at bellcrank and turning without having to take anything apart inside

unfortunately it seems a difficult operation. can you help me through the attached technical drawing? When the car starts in 1st gear (1) and I shift manually into 2nd (2) the gearbox does its job. if it was a registration problem it shouldn't work..... is this a new feature introduced with the Governor update? Thank youScreenshot_2023-08-15-17-42-56-237_com.android.chrome.jpg

manual downshift loss (auto trans)

Hi everyone. I appeal to all automatic transmission owners. I just completely overhauled the gearbox and replaced the governor. during the first tests (see video) at a speed of about 80/90 km/H at 2100 rpm, moving the lever from D to 2 nothing happens. during another test, starting from stationary in position 1 and moving to position 2, the car makes the change. the P, R, N positions are correct, in the sense that they correspond to the transmission status. Thank you allhttps://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/64eae557...826-WA0007.mp4

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Alex, I merged the above post into this thread so that everything is together and we help you better.

Other than not downshifting from 3rd to 2nd using the shifter, does it act normal (including downshifting 3rd to 2nd when you floor the pedal)?
    Did you adjust the cable after installing the new governor?
    Did you make up the test lights? If so, what do they do when you manually down shift now?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast