FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Glove box lid issue

My VIN:    2964

Glove box lid issue

Hey everyone,

Have any of you had any issues with getting the retaining clip back on the glove box latch?

I bought a new glove box lid and had everything powder coated. I tried for almost 1 hour to get that clip on, but nothing.

Any ideas?
    20230805_120556.jpg
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    nov 81

when i swapped mine out i could not get it back on. There must be a trick but It didnt take long for me to break it.
    I took a paperclip and made my own. It actually worked really well and was easy to get in place. Its been that way for over a year....

Dave.

My VIN:    Early

I had to use a clamp to squeeze it far enough.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    #4595

I remember this being a challenge the first time I removed mine as the correct orientation is different than it seems it should be. This thread and link to pics helped me:

https://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5...what-it-is-for

you might be able to use snap ring pliers now that i think about it. I didnt try that before I broke mine. Did you replace the outer plastic on the glove box?

Dave

I bought the new lid from DeLoreango that DeLorean Europe sells. I just found my old lid earlier and compared. The stock lid is thinner where the latch goes in, the new remanufactured one is thicker, so does not give it the proper space to install the original clip. So I guess I'll use a piece of metal wire to wrap around it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    I bought the new lid from DeLoreango that DeLorean Europe sells. I just found my old lid earlier and compared. The stock lid is thinner where the latch goes in, the new remanufactured one is thicker, so does not give it the proper space to install the original clip. So I guess I'll use a piece of metal wire to wrap around it.
    This is a timely thread as I installed the same lid on mine. It started to warp recently and I emailed Arran at Dgo to see if its been an issue. He recommended pouring an epoxy resin in the back of the lid to fill it up and give it structure so it doesnt warp. Im going to try that on the next one I order.
    Heat resistant resin.. Im not sure what brand to use.. have not got that far..

Hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by glockworks21 View Post
    This is a timely thread as I installed the same lid on mine. It started to warp recently and I emailed Arran at Dgo to see if its been an issue. He recommended pouring an epoxy resin in the back of the lid to fill it up and give it structure so it doesnt warp. Im going to try that on the next one I order.
    Heat resistant resin.. Im not sure what brand to use.. have not got that far..

Hope this helps..
    Ok cool, thank you for the heads up!