FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Happiest Day for a New Owner

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    That ceramic stuff has my interest. I heard of it before, but always thought of it as s make oil. Anybody on here have good luck with it?
    Great for painted cars. Absolutely stupid on a Delorean except on fascias.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    That ceramic stuff has my interest. I heard of it before, but always thought of it as s make oil. Anybody on here have good luck with it?
    This is not the first time I've seen someone using a product like that on a D. There's another YouTube video of someone doing it. I also am skeptical of it doing something useful. Maybe he'll do an update on it. Because the other guy didn't.

I've never seen a OCD owner using it. You know who you people are. And yes I'm a little jelly!
    But if you have please comment on your experiences?

Dave B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The ceramic coating is fantastic on a painted car. It is of no benefit on the S/S of a Delorean. When you watch videos like this you have to keep in mind they are also advertising products and getting paid for it. When I work on cars I try to leave the cosmetic stuff for last so I don't mess up what I already did. The mechanical work is where all of the work and money is anyway. I would rip out the interior and clean the insides but not put it back together till all of the work gets done inside. As for the exterior, I take inventory of what needs to be done and what needs to be ordered, so when I am ready I have everything ready. My priority is to get the drivetrain working first. That way the car can be moved under it's own power. But these videos are not exactly a How To but are more for entertainment.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    Part 4 has been the best so far.

....Putting center AC vents & boots back in - I want to hear him cussing trying to get those rubber boots seated properly
    Haven't seen any of these videos.

If he's already read Post #1 in this thread then he knows the hack for getting those rubber boots seated properly. It's pecifically referenced in the segment of that post titled Vent.

Toss the boots in a freezer for a while just before installing them. Then they're less flexible long enough to make center vent installation easy. Worked well for me on my first try.

It also helps to wear a headlamp and look into the vent directly to get the vent and the (cold) boot lined up before pushing the vent home.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    nov 81 6900-

I was surprised to see that he (apparently) didn?t replace the fuel lines while he was in there?

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Dave View Post
    I was surprised to see that he (apparently) didn?t replace the fuel lines while he was in there?
    I think for this video he just wanted to get it running. He also mentioned that he was going to do the vod. I suspect that the lines will be replaced at that time. I didn't get to see him but apparently he was at the MW open house and has gotten to know Mike as seen in the videos so I think he is aware that they should be replaced.

Dave B.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I think for this video he just wanted to get it running. He also mentioned that he was going to do the vod. I suspect that the lines will be replaced at that time. I didn't get to see him but apparently he was at the MW open house and has gotten to know Mike as seen in the videos so I think he is aware that they should be replaced.

Dave B.
    And yet this Tuber' struggled with Injector #4 instead of pulling the Intake Manifold... I dont understand people. Tuber' must be doing a speed run for the views
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    3743

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    And yet this Tuber' struggled with Injector #4 instead of pulling the Intake Manifold... I dont understand people. Tuber' must be doing a speed run for the views
    annoying really
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    And yet this Tuber' struggled with Injector #4 instead of pulling the Intake Manifold... Tuber' must be doing a speed run for the views
    He says he's in a hurry. Starting with the exterior and interior while the main hardware (e.g., for brakes, fuel and cooling systems) is being sourced.

At a couple of points in this series he shares his goal - car looking good and running well in time for a family event at Halloween.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast