FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Exhaust, Old Studs

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are induction heaters you can buy that do it with electric but they are very expensive and can't always get into confined areas. That battery trick can work but it is hard on the battery but probably a lot cheaper than those induction heaters. I have done it with handheld propane torches but you can't get it as hot or as fast but if that is all you have, go for it. Also try a combination of sprays like Liquid Wrench in between the heating and cooling. The key here is patience. If you go in there with wrenches and just try to remove the hardware all at once you will break, round off, and strip out everything.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Do you have a pic with these installed?
    I do not though the car is on my lift to address an exhaust gasket leak and install a new muffler and catalytic converter. I will see about getting some pictures the next time I'm tooling on it. Turning wrenches on this particular turd is no longer a form of entertainment for me so it might be a while.

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Helirich, I took these pictures while I was putting in the new exhaust and addressing a manifold gasket leak. This past weekend's misadventures did prove that the eagle premier manifolds can be removed without taking the engine out. I was pretty sure that would be the case back when I put them in, but not positive until now.

IMG_20231021_121209138.jpg

IMG_20231021_121203462.jpg

That said, I'm likely going to pull the engine this winter to clean it and replace seals / gaskets. Ideally, I would put the car up for sale directly afterwards but I tend to forget all the rusty metal scrapes, busted knuckles and various requests to any invisible sky wizard whose name I can think of in the moment to experience coitus with their hindquarters once I take it out for the first fill up. As it is, I was requested to bring it as a Halloween display at my friend's house for the trick or treaters so the gaskets were replaced, the new exhaust tacked in place and I'll have it welded up and back on the road ahead of the weekend.

They do look better than stock. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2