FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Seatbelt buzzer and light

My VIN:    3937

Seatbelt buzzer and light

Hey,

Can you give me a quick reminder of how the seatbelt light and buzzer is supposed to work on our cars?

Mine started acting strangely a couple drives ago. Never really paid any attention to it before now. I got in the car the same as I always do and when I put the key in and turn the engine on, the buzzer and light came on and then stayed on. It's a tad bit annoying that noise, lol. Surprised me a little and I fumbled with the seatbelt receiver end by my right hip and the buzzer went off. The light followed a moment later.

Went for a drive today and it did something similar. Buzzer stays on until you clip your belt in and then not right away, but a short moment later the light on the dash goes out.

What makes me wonder what has changed is simply that the buzzer has never stayed on like that before and yet now it is. I haven't been under the instrument cluster playing around with anything recently so not sure what's gotten amiss.

Actually, come to think of it... is that buzzer supposed to be for the seatbelt or the door being open? Maybe something is loose on that little plate tucked under the dash that holds the buzzer relay and whatever else is on it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hey,

Can you give me a quick reminder of how the seatbelt light and buzzer is supposed to work on our cars?

Mine started acting strangely a couple drives ago. Never really paid any attention to it before now. I got in the car the same as I always do and when I put the key in and turn the engine on, the buzzer and light came on and then stayed on. It's a tad bit annoying that noise, lol. Surprised me a little and I fumbled with the seatbelt receiver end by my right hip and the buzzer went off. The light followed a moment later.

Went for a drive today and it did something similar. Buzzer stays on until you clip your belt in and then not right away, but a short moment later the light on the dash goes out.

What makes me wonder what has changed is simply that the buzzer has never stayed on like that before and yet now it is. I haven't been under the instrument cluster playing around with anything recently so not sure what's gotten amiss.

Actually, come to think of it... is that buzzer supposed to be for the seatbelt or the door being open? Maybe something is loose on that little plate tucked under the dash that holds the buzzer relay and whatever else is on it.
    Like most cars it's connected to the ignition,seat belt drivers and door. Most of us I think disconnect the door switch. Some will also disconnect the wire at the ignition.

Mine is disconnected at the door and I always buckle up before I start the car so I never hear mine. That thing is annoying as heck!

Dave B.