FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Rear license plate surround

My VIN:    03572

This is how close you need to have the center-lines to clear that fold. I had to have more so when I pressed in the PEM nuts they would not shift in the hole. Then I cut off that extra metal. PEM nut spec from edge is 0.28". Those two extra holes is where I was going to put my holding screws but I found the top area of the lights did not have that room.

Now you could put standoffs onto the holding screws so you don't have that fold clearance problem but then you would need longer screws.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 11-09-2023 at 11:02 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    03572

Got the messed up tail light back installed. My nut plates worked but I had to ream out the screw holes in the tail lights so a 10-32 screw would fit. Also the angle of those holes is not proper but that may just be my fascia has warped or it never was perfect. I put the three upper screws in and the bottom is sticking out about half and inch. Not a real problem because the fascia flexes. I left my nut plates floating a little so they lock in when the rear light pulls the nut plate tight.

My screws that came with the car are a smaller self tapping screw. I was looking at the photo on DMCH and they look like they should have been machine screws. Can someone verify theirs are machine screws. What size are they?

I used 10-32 screws because the license plate surround used that size. So maybe 8-32 would have been a better choice. Anyway the pan head 10-32 fills up the light holes nicely.

I have to paint the heads of the screws flat black. Not sure if I will do this change to the other side yet.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4