FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Gtechniq

Gtechniq

Someone posted a link to this outfit in another thread.

https://gtechniq.com/product-categor...amic-coatings/

I decided to try one of their products, the C4 Permanent Trim restorer. I bought it for my louvers. Mine have a noticeable fading or graying.

96CCB33C-4CCF-456E-BD22-22D9A980DEB0.jpg

It looks worse than in the picture. I ordered the smallest bottle of the stuff and it is small. (15ml) It comes with some little pads. I cleaned the louvers with “lectra clean” before that pic was takin. I used almost whole bottle to coat the louvers. There is not enough left to do anything. It goes on easy and looks like armor all at first. After a bit, you buff it off with a micro fiber cloth. I don’t know if you can see much difference in the pic, but it looks great.

607054AC-54D3-43D2-BC3B-B06D0BC58575.jpg

When I buffed it off, it was kind of greasy, but it doesn’t have any of that feel now. I have to say right up front that I think this stuff is “snake oil”, but, So far it looks fantastic. It’s suppose to restore the trim for two years. If it looks this good in two months, I will be sold. This is my test for this company. If this turns out good, I will buy some more of there stuff. I will report back after a few months on this thread.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Not louvre related but I have GTECHNIQ on my Taycan (w/full body PPF) and it wonderful. Dirt doesn't stick and it makes washing and touch-ups SUPER easy.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    6125

Gtechniq G4 held up better than most in this testing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ypgO4Vn0JLiMYf

Sadly that channel is no longer active, ScottHD had some of the best comparison tests on the internet.

This was another trim restoration test series as well:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZV-1SBWN9aqTiG

You can skip to the last videos in each series to see how each did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Gtechniq G4 held up better than most in this testing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ypgO4Vn0JLiMYf

Sadly that channel is no longer active, ScottHD had some of the best comparison tests on the internet.

This was another trim restoration test series as well:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZV-1SBWN9aqTiG

You can skip to the last videos in each series to see how each did.
    Wow, I wish I had seen that first. At least I got lucky and picked one of the good ones. I see the G1 failed quick. I may just have to order some more. I would like to do my side mirrors, side vents between the windows and the rear vent/scoop. I would expect mine to last longer than that test because it?s in the garage.

Edit, I’m thinking the lisence plate surround would be a good test. You can see in the pic, mine is really bad.
    Last edited by Helirich; 09-29-2023 at 12:38 PM.

My VIN:    3743

I used Gtechniq after I paint corrected my CTS-V... great stuff...
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

So I guess after viewing the video linked by Mark D, I figure I don?t need to wait to see if it works. I ordered some more and did the mirrors and side louvers. I also decided to do my license plate surround. It was looking particularly bad.

87A603F1-6C5A-4750-BBF0-A168D7A234C3.jpg

303EF64E-1B01-4392-8AEC-9B5CD81E0E0A.jpg

First I cleaned it with Lectra-clean.

63F02AD2-FB71-4ED2-A840-A167E65A5B43.jpg

Applying it was a bit harder because the surface is not smooth and the raised squares and such.

4213D07B-7576-44DC-B3CB-B7077FEA8EA9.jpg

Once back on the car, it looks amazing.

298468BA-7760-4EB9-B7B0-D1201E6775AC.jpg

The only problem is the black divisions on the tail lights really look bad next to it. I may try to do them next. Not sure if this stuff would hurt the colored parts of the lights.

Went one further and did the whole bumper.

A65B8A27-B3F1-418C-B4B5-176C9B57607D.jpg