FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel smell in cabin ONLY when tank is full

just wanted to follow up and say that it was in fact the cap for the sending unit hole; because of the orientation of the hoses in the new GM style fuel pump, it's hard to get access to the cap(the most ergonomic installation has them lying directly over the cap). I didnt have it fully secured. tightened it down, checked it and its "fuel tight". that tip of slamming on the brakes and then getting out was gold! thanks ya'll!

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rjd2 View Post
    just wanted to follow up and say that it was in fact the cap for the sending unit hole; because of the orientation of the hoses in the new GM style fuel pump, it's hard to get access to the cap(the most ergonomic installation has them lying directly over the cap). I didnt have it fully secured. tightened it down, checked it and its "fuel tight". that tip of slamming on the brakes and then getting out was gold! thanks ya'll!
    +1 for the Collective Hivemind
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    +1 for the Collective Hivemind
    This forum is the sum total of years of experience by many owners. We have seen it all, it is rare that there is a problem someone never had and a way to figure out and fix it. The hardest ones are when the car has been modified and we don't know all of the details. Electrical problems can be difficult because most owners do not understand electrical systems and if there is a ground problem backfeeds can cause unusual symptoms.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2