FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean GTO debuts at SEMA

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by (DOCUK) theningiachicken View Post
    yeah I saw he did using LS delorean and flyin miata kit, but seems DMCH have had wildwoods made specifically for their car that's what I read from the spec sheet
    https://deloreanindustries.com/delor...brake-upgrade/
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

While it all looks good, I think it is overkill. I would have invested the time and money fixing the frame. He did do a LOT in a short period of time. What got him towards the end was all of the tiny things most of us have gone through, bad connections on the ballast resistor, a bad "O" switch, vacuum leaks, and the fan fail relay that fails (aptly named!). He needs the relay upgrade kit and Dave's fan relay. He should also do the upgrade for the "O" switch so it is on the bottom of the pipe like the later cars. If you saw, air came out when he replaced it, that's why it didn't work. He will be replacing the seal soon, you NEVER put grease on it!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

... will this actually happen or is this more of the "future never being promised" marketing? At least there aren't any NFTs of the D-GTO! :-)
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    nov 81

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    While it all looks good, I think it is overkill. I would have invested the time and money fixing the frame. He did do a LOT in a short period of time. What got him towards the end was all of the tiny things most of us have gone through, bad connections on the ballast resistor, a bad "O" switch, vacuum leaks, and the fan fail relay that fails (aptly named!). He needs the relay upgrade kit and Dave's fan relay. He should also do the upgrade for the "O" switch so it is on the bottom of the pipe like the later cars. If you saw, air came out when he replaced it, that's why it didn't work. He will be replacing the seal soon, you NEVER put grease on it!

he looked back into the camera a couple times hinting power, I smell a engine swap coming soon. i would bet money on it..

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Josh, what all is included in that brake upgrade kit? I assume rotors, calipers, pads, and new front hoses. Does it come with hubs, bearings, new wheel studs and a master cylinder? Would be great to see a kit breakdown either here or on your website. Also does this kit change the offset of the front wheels?
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

DeLorean fanatic (DOCUK) theningiachicken's Avatar

My VIN:    5222 "Ryuko"

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    funnily enough just before his video released I was having ignition issues: loose ballast connections and dead coil, so why he didn't change them for new spades is beyond me. the original lines still bug me and he should have focused more on making it work rather than look pretty like the frame needed attention before he re-did the suspension, but that's just my experience restoring 5222 which was in far worse state
    Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJ...OQSmDhNzZQPDlA

Submit videos for the channel:
    [email protected]

My VIN:    3743

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Josh, what all is included in that brake upgrade kit? I assume rotors, calipers, pads, and new front hoses. Does it come with hubs, bearings, new wheel studs and a master cylinder? Would be great to see a kit breakdown either here or on your website. Also does this kit change the offset of the front wheels?
    do you still have stock brake setup or vented disc? I have been thinking of doing the miata conversion deal.
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by FLUX @88 View Post
    do you still have stock brake setup or vented disc? I have been thinking of doing the miata conversion deal.
    I just completely restored and upgraded my chassis including brake rebuild, got my discs turned and plated, new pads, new master cylinder, and all new brakes lines. Also got the hubs painted and new SKF bearings. So I'm as good as stock gets right now which is fine but I might do the DPI brake kit next year. The car is never "done", is it?

Currently I'm looking more at safety stuff like adding a Halon fire extinguisher and wrapping all my positive cables in DEI heat sheaths.
    Last edited by 82DMC12; 11-06-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

$250,000.... for that.

No.

The upgraded digital gauge cluster is dope, but this is nothing new as well as the wheels having been done over a decade ago. Ultimately, that blue interior looks like it was vomited out by Will.I.Am.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Where is everyone getting the 250k from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast