FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: did John DeLorean own or drive a DeLorean?

Post did John DeLorean own or drive a DeLorean?

Something I have always thought about, did John DeLorean own or drive a DeLorean, during the DMC days and after the collapse?

Did he still own a DeLorean up until his death etc?

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean DMC12 View Post
    Something I have always thought about, did John DeLorean own or drive a DeLorean, during the DMC days and after the collapse?

Did he still own a DeLorean up until his death etc?
    According to family members John didn't own any of his cars outright. But he did have access to the companies fleet of cars. A portion of that fleet was housed at his Bedminster estate after the collapse of the company until they were basically repoed.

Dave B.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

According to DMC he had a company car - that VIN is on the back of the REC timepiece which I purchased early this year. Kathryn is saying otherwise. One cool thing is that VIN is not far from my car.
    SPX COA.jpg
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    According to family members John didn't own any of his cars outright. But he did have access to the companies fleet of cars. A portion of that fleet was housed at his Bedminster estate after the collapse of the company until they were basically repoed.

Dave B.
    You mean the cars that were stolen from Bank America from the QAC and squirreled away until someone found out?
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    You mean the cars that were stolen from Bank America from the QAC and squirreled away until someone found out?
    It was over 2 dozen cars and at that time they were actually the property of the trustee, DMC was in bankruptcy and the court appointed receiver took possession of the cars. BOA was one of the creditors and the cars were the collateral until DMC declared bankruptcy (at that point BOA had no collateral, they became just another creditor). One night JZD and over a dozen others just drove the cars over from the QAC to a courtyard on JZD's Bedminster property. The caretaker of the property, Ed Russo, said in the morning everyone was surprised at all of the Deloreans parked around the circle. It took a while till the trustee could find all of the keys and get the cars back to the QAC. Officially there is no record of JZD actually owning a Delorean (titling and registering it in his name). In actuality he owned every Delorean till it was sold, he owned DMC and DMC owned the cars. Same situation with the Johnny Carson car. He never actually owned the car, it was a company car that he had at his disposal. If there was a Delorean that was actually titled and registered to JZD just imagine what it would be worth! As for driving a Delorean, of course he drove them but there is no record that I know of where he had any specific Delorean.
    David Teitelbaum

Thank you David and everyone for the informative responses.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    According to DMC he had a company car - that VIN is on the back of the REC timepiece which I purchased early this year. Kathryn is saying otherwise. One cool thing is that VIN is not far from my car.
    SPX COA.jpg
    Those stupid watches are just another marketing ploy & con from mothership. Nothing about the JZD car was used. I know where it is and who owns it and I will keep their identity confidential.

David T is correct.... No known records or documents to back up any claim, even mothership.
    Last edited by JBaker4981; 11-11-2023 at 06:28 PM.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club