FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: jacking plates

jacking plates

hi guys, i'm thinking of getting a quickjack lifter for my cars.
    wondering what is the distance between the front and rear jacking plates on the delorean. i don't have access to my car at the minute.
    thanks.

My VIN:    03500

I've been using one on my D for about 7 years now. I'll try and help as much as I can.
    First off I have the 3500 model. Model number is how much weight it's rated for. The 3500 doesn't reach the jacking points. But I've never had a problem because it uses rubber blocks. They do offer an extension adapter that is only for the models above 3500. The models seem to be all the same dimensions. My car is lowered so the unit with extension unit will not fit under the car without raising the car somehow first. The car does flex a little bit when lifted.
    If I happen to be wrong that the other models are the same. The length of the frame of the 3500 is a few inches from wheel to wheel when centered.

Dave B
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 11-22-2023 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I've been using one on my D for about 7 years now. I'll try and help as much as I can.
    First off I have the 3500 model. Model number is how much weight it's rated for. The 3500 doesn't reach the jacking points. But I've never had a problem because it uses rubber blocks. They do offer an extension adapter that is only for the models above 3500. The models seem to be all the same dimensions. My car is lowered so the unit with extension unit will not fit under the car without raising the car somehow first. The car does flex a little bit when lifted.
    If I happen to be wrong that the other models are the same. The length of the frame of the 3500 is a few inches from wheel to wheel when centered.

Dave B

This is only halfway.
    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 11-22-2023 at 08:24 PM.

My VIN:    10270

I have the 5000TL which reaches the jack plates just barely.
    It's been great, very handy for multiple projects. My only advice is to be conscious of how level your garage is and the direction of lift.
    If you have some grade to your floor and set them opposite of WHO1DMC's pic it might be wobbly due to the car's weight distribution.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

The distance between the lifting pads center to center is 53 1/2"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

A floor jack and jackstands would be more flexible. Hard to work underneath the car with that thing in the way.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    A floor jack and jackstands would be more flexible. Hard to work underneath the car with that thing in the way.
    Well it's called the quick jack for a reason it's quicker.
    Now if you feel you need better access to the center of the car you put jack stands in lower the unit and remove.
    I'm not a skinny fella and I've done a lot of work under my car with this. Sliding the unit under and hitting a button to raise the car is also funner.
    The first time I used mine was in the driveway. My neighbor seen this and gave this look. I told him that I was teaching the car how to fly.

Dave B.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    It gets in the way of literally nothing. Its easier to work around a QuickJack than a 2 post lift.

If you're setting suspension height or adjusting alignment it's extremely useful to raise and lower the entire car at once. Any time you're working upper and lower engine really.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

F.Y.I.

The Quickjacks can also be placed from side to side of the car instead of front to back which would then provide the side clearance if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    F.Y.I.

The Quickjacks can also be placed from side to side of the car instead of front to back which would then provide the side clearance if needed.
    Technically yes. But you have to make sure you're lifting at the lift points or the outer rails. You may risk damage I.E. punching though the tub. Remember there not like other cars under there.
    Personally I wouldn't try it at least with the setup I have!

David B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast