FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Fuel Injector Testing - What is wrong here?

My VIN:    15190

Fuel Injector Testing - What is wrong here?

Recently, I replaced my fuel lines and during the testing of the injectors by spraying into a bottle, we observed inconsistent spraying from injector #6. Subsequently, I replaced it with a new one.
    However, today, while conducting another test after the replacement of injector #6, I noticed that both #3 and #6 are exhibiting irregular spray patterns. This raises the question: could the issue be stemming from the fuel distributor rather than the injectors?
    The fuel level between each injector varies.

I'm now pondering the next step in this troubleshooting process. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

bottle .jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Try swapping the injectors you suspect are bad over to cylinders you think are good...

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

move injectors to other positions and see if the results follow or not. if the flow is the same, its probably the distributor

I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm leaning towards the distributor being the issue. I've tested three different injectors in line #6, and they've all exhibited the same behavior. This issue only seems to arise during full throttle. Could this be why I haven't noticed any problems while driving?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by mburshtain View Post
    I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm leaning towards the distributor being the issue. I've tested three different injectors in line #6, and they've all exhibited the same behavior. This issue only seems to arise during full throttle. Could this be why I haven't noticed any problems while driving?
    If your just getting bad flow testing with the air plate pressed all the way down I would not worry about it. I'm not even sure the air plate moves that far under full power. If you can measure the amount of fuel flow and time it, I think you can calculate where the 130 hp runs with that air plate position.

When I do a flow test, I press the plate about half way.

Using this:
    https://blog.cantonracingproducts.co...ines_fuel_flow

130 HP would need 10.4 gallons of fuel per hour.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 11-25-2023 at 03:02 PM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Thanks a lot, Dave, for your insightful point.
    I initially measured it with the plate pushed entirely, but when I tested halfway, the results improved significantly, and the spray pattern matched across all of them. Considering this, I've decided not to pursue any additional actions.