FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vacuum hose replacement

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Vacuum hose replacement

Hi, Following the tub off resto I am just putting the vacum hose back in. I have a new one from before and never connected it.....I have it plumbed in at the centre console at the join to the switch, but I seem to have about 2 metres in the engine bay. Literally if I pull it an inch I see it move an inch by the gear stick so there is no slack.

Pipe 29 is the one in question.

https://store.delorean.com/catalog/category/view/id/126

What is the routing to the engine bay connector, on the above diagram it seems fairly simple but I am hesitant to cut off the extra before checking
    Last edited by er1c; 12-10-2023 at 12:01 PM.

My VIN:    nov 81

personally i would pull it back and leave a bit of slack on both sides.. maybe not even cut it till everything is back together and you know for sure its routed clean and out of way.. just my 2cents as a new guy thats still learning.

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by glockworks21 View Post
    personally i would pull it back and leave a bit of slack on both sides.. maybe not even cut it till everything is back together and you know for sure its routed clean and out of way.. just my 2cents as a new guy thats still learning.
    Ta, I bit the bullet last night.... I assume its sold in longer lengths, it was a pig for kinking whilst I was doing other stuff.

I have routed it behind the ballast resistor and down there to keep it clear.