FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Digital door lock module help

My VIN:    5634

Question Digital door lock module help

Digital door lock moduleIMG_2344.jpg

Been trying to faultfind the above module.
    No led lights activate on it, its receiving power from the main big plug, and the seperate wire from the circuit breaker.
    Both fuses are tested fine. Circuit board and components look fine.
    In my pic above, the fuse supplied from circuit breaker red wire (top fuse in pic) receives 12v. The one on the bottom is grounded, through the big triangle shaped connector.

I have manually put 12v into the triangle connector, car side, and both door solenoids work in both directions. (Door lock unlock levers move).

Im assuming my problem is the 2nd fuse is grounded. Makes no sense to blow the ground connection.

It doesnt help that i have the remote locking kit also installed, with extra relays etc. ive now disconnected these bits but still no lights on digi door lock module. And still a grounded fuse.
    Can you point me in the right direction please?

Have you got a pinout of the lock module connector? Cant find it anywhere. Thanks

My VIN:    2245

DMCH strikes again. I've owned by car for 22 years and In my opinion, their re manufactured parts are largely junk that often fails prematurely, and good luck trying to get them to honor a warranty. Unfortunately you may have to find a better unit from a different source.

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    DMCH strikes again. I've owned by car for 22 years and In my opinion, their re manufactured parts are largely junk that often fails prematurely, and good luck trying to get them to honor a warranty. Unfortunately you may have to find a better unit from a different source.
    Have you got one you?d recommend?

My VIN:    2245

Do you know anyone with a Delorean, you could try their module to be sure it's the problem.

The best door lock module was the Lockzilla, unfortunately they are no longer available.
    Since you're in Europe, Delorean Europe has a module https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/prod...ducts_id=74017
    Deloreango sells one, it might be the same part delorean eu sells https://www.deloreango.com/en/new-door-lock-module.html
    Delorean Parts Northwest has some wings aloft options if you are interested in an upgrade https://www.delorean-parts.com/
    I don't know if DPI sells one but you could call and ask.

Also if you can get your hands on an original module you could rebuild it.

Bitsync makes some good stuff to https://dm-eng.weebly.com/
    Last edited by r00b; 01-28-2024 at 01:40 PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_ View Post
    Have you got a pinout of the lock module connector? Cant find it anywhere. Thanks
    Maybe this from the Resources Section will help:

https://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?a...2&d=1306264512

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

On my own car, I ditched the door lock module completely and opted for 2 standard automotive relays in conjunction with a Viper 211HV remote lock unit (and door lock actuators instead of solenoids). I can have it set to automatically lock the car when the ignition is turned on (I do not use this feature) but I do have it set to auto-unlock when the ignition is killed. I like this feature. And of course the key fob remote will lock/unlock both doors (and I have WingsAloft installed so it will open either door as well via the remote). The only feature I lost is when manually locking/unlocking one door, it will not do the other, but I don’t miss this. Even the console “lock doors” light still operates correctly.

So that’s an option as well if you want something easy to troubleshoot in the future. I had to replace one failed relay so far in the years since I’ve done this, and it was a cheap and easy fix with a relay from any auto parts store or Amazon.
    Last edited by Patrick C; 01-29-2024 at 12:47 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

What exactly is not working, when you use the door lock switches in the doors, from your keyless entry, or both?

To make sure it's not the harness, connectors or the switches inside the doors: With everything connected (door lock module powered as well as connected at the harness), insert a wire from behind the plug on either the Purple with pink stripe (unlock) or Purple with Grey stripe (Lock) and ground it briefly. This should mimic the door switch and either lock or unlock the doors. If this works, you have a fault in the wiring going up into the roof box or faulty switches and you'll need to trace the wires out.

If that does not work, check and make sure you have a good ground going to the door lock module. If I read your description correctly, you said there is a fuse inside the DLM on the ground wire coming in? Did you measure resistance from one end of the fuse to a ground point in the car to see if it's a dead short (should be)?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_ View Post
    Digital door lock moduleIMG_2344.jpg

Been trying to faultfind the above module.
    No led lights activate on it, its receiving power from the main big plug, and the seperate wire from the circuit breaker.
    Both fuses are tested fine. Circuit board and components look fine.
    In my pic above, the fuse supplied from circuit breaker red wire (top fuse in pic) receives 12v. The one on the bottom is grounded, through the big triangle shaped connector.

I have manually put 12v into the triangle connector, car side, and both door solenoids work in both directions. (Door lock unlock levers move).

Im assuming my problem is the 2nd fuse is grounded. Makes no sense to blow the ground connection.

It doesnt help that i have the remote locking kit also installed, with extra relays etc. ive now disconnected these bits but still no lights on digi door lock module. And still a grounded fuse.
    Can you point me in the right direction please?