FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: ***Split From ForSale/Wanted*** Gen 2 DPi exhaust

***Split From ForSale/Wanted*** Gen 2 DPi exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    Anyone selling a Gen 2 Dpi exhaust please DM me. I have a local owner looking for one. Thanks.
    You probably are aware, but just an FYI: The lifetime warranty that DPI offers on those exhaust systems are non transferable.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    You probably are aware, but just an FYI: The lifetime warranty that DPI offers on those exhaust systems are non transferable.
    Yes I know.

My VIN:    2245

Finding a used DPI exhaust might be difficult, maybe from someone doing and engine swap. You're more likely to find an used dmch exhaust as people are replacing those with the better DPI exhaust.

Maybe save up and get a new one from DPI, why are you looking for a gen 2? I had one , new in box, sitting around for a few years until I installed it when doing my frame off. I wouldn't have sold it though.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    Finding a used DPI exhaust might be difficult, maybe from someone doing and engine swap. You're more likely to find an used dmch exhaust as people are replacing those with the better DPI exhaust.

Maybe save up and get a new one from DPI, why are you looking for a gen 2? I had one , new in box, sitting around for a few years until I installed it when doing my frame off. I wouldn't have sold it though.
    I like the fact the Gen 2 has muffler brackets and I think it?s a better built than the Gen 3.

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    I like the fact the Gen 2 has muffler brackets and I think it?s a better built than the Gen 3.
    I see. If it's just the muffler that is slightly different, maybe you could specially order if from them.

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    I see. If it's just the muffler that is slightly different, maybe you could specially order if from them.
    Its not for me. I have a Gen 2 exhaust. an owner local is looking for one to convert from a stock exhaust. so We are looking for the whole setup. I figure there is enough engine swappers out there someone may be selling one.