My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I call BS on that
    What part?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    What part?
    Not you but the story. I don't believe a franchise would remove and destroy a part to anyone's car without severe consequences.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    5312

I dont think they would either. In fact I know a dude who was always hanging out at dmc huntington beach when id swing by. He had the box you speak of in his car, and they never touched it. I had Danny make a comment about daves solid state relays in my car, but they would never touch them without asking. I mean they may offer to return to oem, but just remove? calling bs
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Not you but the story. I don't believe a franchise would remove and destroy a part to anyone's car without severe consequences.
    As unbelievable as it may sound, this might not be far from the truth, especially if the car in question was being service at 'DeLorean One'

Ed B at DeLorean One was old-school, hardcore OEM and a stickler for originality. I recall an occasion (an owner posted on DMC Talk I think) where they returned to pick up their car from DeLorean One to find their aftermarket spoiler/wing had been removed from the car as it 'wasn't original equipment'.

So the airbox being binned and an OEM one being put in its place is probably more plausible than you think.

Sounds crazy but it might just be true
    James Russell-Grant
    VIN# 5462 Grey Automatic, Purchased in January 2000
    www.printsolid.co.uk

I heard the story 10 years ago, I don't know how much time had passed since it had happened but he looked pretty annoyed when he got to the end. If anyone knows any older asian owners in the bay area.

My VIN:    10644

This isn't the first time I've heard this about DMC CA, but I also just don't believe it for a couple reasons. First, I've never heard these stories firsthand - it's always someone who heard it from someone or worse. Secondly, I've done business with Danny for 24 years and when I first heard this rumor, I sat down and spoke with him about it. I wanted him to know what folks are saying and how other folks are taking it as a legitimate concern about doing business with Huntington Beach. He said that not only would he ethically never do it, but he just doesn't have any time to go pick through cars and swap/take parts. FWIW, I completely trust Danny.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Okay, well I heard it first hand so I believe it.

My VIN:    4328

I have one I may be willing to part with, send me a msg or get me on Facebook,20210901_171915.jpg20210901_171915.jpg Jason Keohane

My VIN:    01073

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    I have one I may be willing to part with, send me a msg or get me on Facebook,20210901_171915.jpg20210901_171915.jpg Jason Keohane
    PM Sent!

My VIN:    01073

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    I don?t have Facebook. I sent you a message on this forum (which, I still haven?t figured out how to use) with my cell phone and gmail address. Just let me know when you read my message so we can hopefully move forward! Thank you -Will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast