FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Air Box

My VIN:    01073

Club(s):   (DMA)

Acrylic Air Box

Looking for an acrylic airbox for my Delorean for car shows. If anyone has one, or knows where I can find one please send me a DM.

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Acrylic?

you mean the Aluminum ones that have the clear plexi top cover?

Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    Acrylic?

you mean the Aluminum ones that have the clear plexi top cover?
    Hi, yes. I believe that is the one I am talking about. I saw someone with it on YouTube where it was backlit and really made a nice presentation.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

If it came from Casey Putsch or John Hervey it was stainless with a clear lexan top.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    10644

I had one of those on my car when I bought it and quickly sold it. You might like the look of it, but it didn't seal well to the bottom of the OEM housing. I'm surprised someone hasn't developed a better option by now.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I had one of those on my car when I bought it and quickly sold it. You might like the look of it, but it didn't seal well to the bottom of the OEM housing. I'm surprised someone hasn't developed a better option by now.
    Blade, thank you for the comment. The guy in the YouTube video tried using a larger washer and one of those wing nut threaded bolts on the underside to secure his. But I am definitely not looking for it to add performance to my newly rebuilt and upgraded engine, nor looking to have it on the car while the engine is running. Just looking for an airbox with some form of clear apparatus I can add lights to that will look cool at a car show.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

You orobably saw one of my vids. You can buy a thicker O ring that seals it better. I've since made small brackets that look better than the blind nuts I was using and I removed the lights and made a tinted cover. The lights were cool for awhile but I grew tired of them.

The air cleaners are NLA since Hervey passed away. Even when he was around, I think he sold out of his stash he bought from Casey. They pop up once in a blue moon but they will command 4-5 hundred dollars.

attachment-2.jpg

20210322_181349.jpg
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You orobably saw one of my vids. You can buy a thicker O ring that seals it better. I've since made small brackets that look better than the blind nuts I was using and I removed the lights and made a tinted cover. The lights were cool for awhile but I grew tired of them.

The air cleaners are NLA since Hervey passed away. Even when he was around, I think he sold out of his stash he bought from Casey. They pop up once in a blue moon but they will command 4-5 hundred dollars.

attachment-2.jpg

20210322_181349.jpg
    Michael, I think you are right. I have to say, both the lighted and the tinted options look pretty awesome. You have done a great job in both cases for presentation. 4-500 bucks, I?d definitely be a buyer if someone has one they no longer want.

My engine bay looks good. It could just use more light at the moment. The lone LED is struggling.

31B03C7C-1FC0-49A5-B212-D2BA3D2C6DE1.jpg

My VIN:    2245

A guy I met at a Delorean get together told us a story about his acrylic air box. He took is car to dmc ca, when he got it back it had the stock air box on it. He called them and asked why they replaced his acrylic air box. They said because it wasn't a dmch approved part. When he asked for it back they said they threw it out.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    A guy I met at a Delorean get together told us a story about his acrylic air box. He took is car to dmc ca, when he got it back it had the stock air box on it. He called them and asked why they replaced his acrylic air box. They said because it wasn't a dmch approved part. When he asked for it back they said they threw it out.
    I call BS on that
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast