FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 12V to one cooling fan.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The OEM fans draw a LOT of current,especially when they both start. You can actually feel it in the gas pedal. One reason some owners have replaced them with Spalls or some other more efficient fan. Make sure all of your connections are good and tight and clean. Make sure you have the correct size fuses in each spot. The fan circuit is meant to only run intermittently, especially when you run the A/C. If the fans run continuously you will burn up the wiring. That is why the compressor MUST cycle and when the A/C compressor cycles it also shuts the cooling fans down. The Fan Fail Bypass was meant as a temporary fix, DMC never came out with a more robust relay to replace the Fan Fail Relay (which BTW lived up to it's name by reliably failing!). The aftermarket came up with alternatives like the Fanzilla. The better ones soft start the fans and sequence them so they both don't hit the electrical system at the same time. Some also have a delay built in so the fans will continue to run a bit even after you turn the engine off to reduce heat soak. You should consider getting rid of the Fan Fail Bypass and getting a relay from one of the vendors. Bitsyncmaster offers one too.
    Thanks for all the information, I will look into the relay.
    Last edited by rustycarr; 04-01-2024 at 12:42 PM.

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I Have bitsync's relays (blue and brown) and Toby's (DPNW) fans installed and it all works perfectly. highly recommend them all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3