FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Passenger door stuck shut.

Passenger door stuck shut.

Passenger door starting acting up, would only open if you opened from inside while moving lock back and forth, now its stuck shut and won't open. I have the panels off and have done the ST-10-8.81 with no luck, and I tried pulling both latch rods, no luck. I shot a video of both latches while trying to open. anyone see anything im missing?. One of them def sounds a bit binding..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MprjsZ5Xato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDkgDYIKteY
    Last edited by rustycarr; 03-28-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Update.

I was able to get the door open by jacking up the car near the rear latch, im assuming it was binding. im going to check the door fit at top, gasket and latches and post to see if I can find the issue.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The door lock linkages both front and rear must be connected and properly adjusted for both latches to release.

You mention playing with the inside lock release helped open it before which fits with this rule.

You say you performed the ST. Good start. Try again, paying special attention to the rear LOCK linkage adj.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The door lock linkages both front and rear must be connected and properly adjusted for both latches to release.

You mention playing with the inside lock release helped open it before which fits with this rule.

You say you performed the ST. Good start. Try again, paying special attention to the rear LOCK linkage adj.
    Thanks, yes I adjusted the rear lock linkage, also adjusted the door pins, they were leaving a tad bit of witness marks on the ss right before the latch, also the outside door handle was a touch out of adjustment and I had overlooked that. Its operating fine now, until the winds blows just right...The ST is def a required read on this job.
    Last edited by rustycarr; 03-30-2024 at 07:17 AM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by rustycarr View Post
    Thanks, yes I adjusted the rear lock linkage, also adjusted the door pins, they were leaving a tad bit of witness marks on the ss right before the latch, also the outside door handle was a touch out of adjustment and I had overlooked that. Its operating fine now, until the winds blows just right...The ST is def a required read on this job.
    Before doing all of the adjustments you should have a good rubber seal, adjust the torsion bar, and the door lock anchor pins. It also helps if you remove both latches and clean and relubricate them so they operate smoothly. Only then can you get all of the door adjustments to hold. You may also want the Central Locking System to work and that means adjusting the door switch and maybe replacing/rewinding the solenoids. Just be careful inside the door, those edges are SHARP!
    David Teitelbaum