FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: My road trip to Indiana to see the last Eclipse in N. America

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

My road trip to Indiana to see the last Eclipse in N. America

I almost decided to take my DeLorean but since I have a nice quiet sedan with a sun roof, I went the practical route. It was a 900 mile round trip but so worth it! Me and a fellow DeLorean owner from KY met up and witnessed it together. Don't know his screen name here but maybe he will post his telescope pics.

My first total eclipse was in 2017 and I was hooked. No way I was missing the last eclipse in the USA for 20 years....but I do plan to fly to Iceland in two years.

Guys, there is no way to describe totality. There is no way to convey looking at the sun with the naked eye and see the spectacle that I witnessed. There is no monitor that can even come close to capturing the blackest black I have ever seen eclipsing the sun. There is no photo ink that can portray the whitest light emanating from the moon's sphere and the razor thin spectrum of color that it displays. Until then, my drone footage will have to do. Trying to record the sun itself with a drone is pointless. I focused on the sky and the landscape but I can't share the temperature changes. I can't share the wind dying down, the insects changing their behavior, the chill bumps on my arms. This video was shot at 2pm at about 1/2 mile altitude.

Last edited by Michael; 04-09-2024 at 07:46 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    1561

Sounds like a blast, I have family in Vermont so they got to see totality as well and their sentiments were much like yours. We only got 80% here in central NC, I put together a time lapse with my telescope below. You can see some sunspots in there.

Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com