FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Alpha V is on life support

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Your dinner reservation analogy is good but what if the restaurant is still open and you show up at the appropriate time ready to sit down to dinner showing them the reservation you had to buy and they tell you to go pound sand?
    Best you can hope for is to raise awareness and cause a community backlash.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/12/do...loyed-in-iraq/
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/intern...ned-90k-markup

Things like this happen at dealerships more often than you think. Also, who knows what the fine print is that you have to agree to in order to have purchased an NFT for the Alpha V? Non-refundable? Buyer agrees solely to arbitration to resolve any legal matters?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I made a few calls and finally got some information. A360inc still owns/rents that location but since most are still work from home, they sublet half their office space to DeLorean. Still no contact numbers for DeLorean.

I'm working on that
    Perhaps my update was missed in the noise

Also I will admit...I am biased. I saw this bullshit for what it was over a decade ago. Does anyone actually think this pitiful excuse for a startup will actually make a car? For God's sake they freaking stole the DaVinci design and slapped a DeLorean badge on it.

This was nothing more than a money grab from well to do DeLorean Fanatics. And again...none of this would be here if DeLorean actually had a phone number that wasn't disconnected!

I said a long time ago that you will see used Cybertrucks for sale before you see the first DeLorean.

I rest my case.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-24-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    6585

Perhaps my update was missed in the noise

Also I will admit...I am biased. I saw this bullshit for what it was over a decade ago. Does anyone actually think this pitiful excuse for a startup will actually make a car? For God's sake they freaking stole the DaVinci design and slapped a DeLorean badge on it.

I said a long time ago that you will see used Cybertrucks for sale before you see the first DeLorean.

This was nothing more than a money grab from well to do DeLorean Fanatics

I rest my case.
    No worries. Again, I am in agreement with you. I believed that the Replica cars absolutely had a legitimate chance at sales. But the Alpha V? It seems like it was just trying to cash-in on EV hype within an already oversaturated market. Something that actually defies the original business logic of JZD.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

On a completely different tangent, I saw a Hyundai Ionic V N line in the showroom today. Over 600hp ev for $70k and for a hatchback, it was very smart looking. One might even call it the VW GTI of EV's. What I'm saying is this new DeLorean company has a ton to overcome and they don't even have a manufacturing plant or the capitol to even buy the land, let along build a plant and make cars...does anyone not see what a shitshow this is?

Tesla raised 25 million in cybertruck pre-sales orders alone, not to mention the company is solvent and has capitol and still, it took them 4 years to bring the actual cybertruck to market.

This band of fuckstraws took 3 million and are now subleting half an office space just to have an address for all the hate mail to go to....because their phones are disconnected.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-24-2024 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    No worries. Again, I am in agreement with you. I believed that the Replica cars absolutely had a legitimate chance at sales. But the Alpha V? It seems like it was just trying to cash-in on EV hype within an already oversaturated market. Something that actually defies the original business logic of JZD.

I rest my case.

51 used very low mileage ones listed for sale here:
    https://www.cars.com/shopping/result...VHfD_BwE&makes[]=tesla&maximum_distance=all&maximum_distance_expan ded=1&maximum_distance_expanded_from=30&models[]=tesla-cybertruck&network=s&page=3&stock_type=all&utm_cam paign_id=10566683228&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=goo gle&utm_trusted=TRUE&zip=54492
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 04-24-2024 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    On the bright side, the cash from this boondoggle got us some new LFFs so I guess there's that...
    MAYBE

Also taking "deposits" for them.

INTRODUCTORY RETAIL PRICE IS $1,500.00 (plus shipping) - in order to weed out as many fake reservations as possible, we are taking $50 deposits - totally refundable at any time, no questions asked - to confirm your interest and secure a fender for you at this price. Production left front fender, blended and ready to install, will be available this summer!

NEW FOR 2024...others have tried and failed, but we did it!

DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) is pleased to announce that new, reproduction 304 Stainless Left Fenders are coming the summer of 2024! While we're seeing more and more of the "other guys" send off parts to some factory and have poor quality copies made, us and our suppliers have literally over a thousand man-hours and in excess of six-figures in re-developing and producing this part as the first DeLorean reproduction body panel ever.

Starting with a 3D scan of a New Original Stock fender in California, working with engineers in the US and United Kingdom, consulting with tool & die makers and metallurgists, to visiting potential suppliers across the USA and beyond - the left fender is back!

My VIN:    10907

Ahhh... I thought they already had some. Well if they get everybody's hopes up and flake again maybe Stephen and James should just sail off to Brazil on Stephen's new yacht

My VIN:    11596

On a completely different tangent, I saw a Hyundai Ionic V N line in the showroom today. Over 600hp ev for $70k and for a hatchback, it was very smart looking. One might even call it the VW GTI of EV's. What I'm saying is this new DeLorean company has a ton to overcome and they don't even have a manufacturing plant or the capitol to even buy the land, let along build a plant and make cars...does anyone not see what a shitshow this is?

Tesla raised 25 million in cybertruck pre-sales orders alone, not to mention the company is solvent and has capitol and still, it took them 4 years to bring the actual cybertruck to market.

This band of fuckstraws took 3 million and are now subleting half an office space just to have an address for all the hate mail to go to....because their phones are disconnected.
    Really makes you wonder how the Katmobile has a snowball's chance in hell of ever seeing the light of day... actually anyone who believes Kat will build a car is stupider than anyone who bought an Alpha 5 NFT.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Really makes you wonder how the Katmobile has a snowball's chance in hell of ever seeing the light of day... actually anyone who believes Kat will build a car is stupider than anyone who bought an Alpha 5 NFT.
    They didn't even give the designer enough Play-Doh to make a whole model.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast