FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Alpha V is on life support

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'm going to the bankruptcy liquidation and bidding on the Alpha concept vehicle.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

I do have some reservations about this reporter. However, ignoring the press is a surefire way to piss them off. Chuck Bennington proved that in Belfast.
    I have zero reservations about a journalist doing his job and asking honest questions that a LOT of people are asking...I do have reservations about a company that already has a shitload of red flags who have just vacated their "headquarters" which looks to be roughly the square footage of your local gas station who has also just had their phone numbers disconnected. Not to mention that Cameron Wynne along with the other brass (that is left), has been tight lipped as well:

This email was supposedly sent out to NFT "owners" today. Full disclosure, it has not been verified yet.

Dear valued NFT owners,
    We're reaching out to address an issue that some of you may have encountered while attempting to log in to your account. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
    Upon investigation, we have identified the root cause and promptly notified our partners. They are diligently working on implementing a solution as we speak. Rest assured, we're committed to resolving this matter swiftly and efficiently.
    Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated. We understand the importance of a seamless experience for our users, and we're dedicated to ensuring that your journey with us remains smooth.
    We will keep you updated on the progress and inform you as soon as the issue is fully resolved.
    In other news, we have moved our company HQ downtown to 102 9th St. Suite 200 in San Antonio, TX.
    Thank you once again for your ongoing support and for being a part of the DeLorean community.
    Warm regards,
    Customer Support Team
    DeLorean

The Current reached out to DeLorean Chief Brand Officer Cameron Wynne, Chief Financial Officer Dean G. Hull and Chief Technology Officer Ben Marquart via company email addresses but got no response by press time.
    At the end of the day, people who laid out a deposit...NOT AN INVESTMENT!, a deposit for a car want answers. Stop fucking with them!

...and stop calling them investors. They are customers, and they want what they paid for.

Also...their new "headquarters" is a fucking rooftop bar!

https://paramourbar.com/

image-14.jpg

102 9th St. Suite 200 in San Antonio, TX street view:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael; 04-23-2024 at 10:06 PM.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    At the end of the day, people who laid out a deposit...NOT AN INVESTMENT!, a deposit for a car want answers. Stop fucking with them!

...and stop calling them investors. They are customers, and they want what they paid for.

image-14.jpg

102 9th St. Suite 200 in San Antonio, TX street view:
    If this entire Alpha V episode was conceived and carried out sober, they surely can't do any worse shitfaced.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

We wouldn't have to speculate if they would just answer their phone...or at least had a phone. They were VERY quick to update their address on the website, however they neglected to update their phone numbers (which are all disconnected).

FWIW. As far as I can tell, this group still has offices in suite 200

https://pitchbook.com/profiles/compa...56-94#overview

The reporter who apparently is THE ONLY ONE in the news media that didn't gleefully swallow this crap said he will verify the offices today.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-24-2024 at 08:34 AM.

If they opened the exchange, the nft holders could try to sell their token and recoup something, at least.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Deposits? Where we're going we don't need deposits

Deposits? Are we sure about that?

My recollection is that the New DMC didn't offer to take deposits on cars.

The SACurrent reporter writes good articles but may have mistaken the NFTs for deposits.

The reporter could be forgiven for being confused - several carmakers take deposits for forthcoming cars. But they call them deposits and they are refundable.

Consider:

Here are images pulled from the www.delorean.com website just now, images of the FAQ pages relating to the NFT you could buy after you paid $88 to join the "AlphaV Club".

Click the images enlarge and read them.

The second image includes many words describing what looks like a $3,497 NFT "that allows owners to buy/sell/trade their....avatar and production slot reservation on the DeLorean Exchange." People with an NFT thus have an avatar and a Production Slot Reservation.

AlphaV production slot.jpg

AlphaV production slot FAQ.jpg

A reservation for dinner gives you the right to dine someplace at an agreed time. It doesn't get you a meal. Or even a snack.

And if the restaurant goes out of business before you can use the reservation then you can't even expect to dine there.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

I made a few calls and finally got some information. A360inc still owns/rents that location but since most are still work from home, they sublet half their office space to DeLorean. Still no contact numbers for DeLorean.

I'm working on that

Your dinner reservation analogy is good but what if the restaurant is still open and you show up at the appropriate time ready to sit down to dinner showing them the reservation you had to buy and they tell you to go pound sand?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Your dinner reservation analogy is good but what if the restaurant is still open and you show up at the appropriate time ready to sit down to dinner showing them the reservation you had to buy and they tell you to go pound sand?
    Good point. And my dinner analogy doesn't anticipate a diner who paid for a reservation.

Maybe somebody out there who paid for an NFT from DMC (not from DMC Classic) can tell the community what was promised and share any proof of it, not just what somebody thought they heard from DMC.

I only know what I see on the DMC AlphaV Reservations pages as I click-right across the 3 intro pages.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    6585

I have zero reservations about a journalist doing his job and asking honest questions that a LOT of people are asking...
    On this, I am in absolute agreement. A journalist should absolutely ask any and all questions possible in order to find out the truth about a subject matter. Absolutely Houston/their subsidiary/whatever have handled this piss poorly and there is no end in sight.

Still though, I have a concern about bias in reporting about something. Whatever slant, be it negative or positive, that the author of a piece has can in turn influence the reader on how they interpret the information in an inaccurate way. Case in point:

Not true. The property itself is a mixed-use development (these things are all the rage now in Vegas and can even include residential condominiums as well). The address of DeLorean here is listed on the second floor of a 4 story complex. The venue you listed is actually on the first floor, and the rooftop bar is a completely different location.

https://coletteatthephipps.com/

It isn't uncommon for businesses to open offices in such locations. Draftkings, Morgan Stanley, and even Sotheby's all have offices in such an office complex that is chocked full of restaurants & bars here in Vegas. It's the new commercial real estate model. We don't disparage any of these businesses for choosing these locations, likely including the law offices located on the same property that DeLorean has relocated to. So why the double-standard?

Despite how it might seem, I am not defending DeLorean, the Alpha V, or any of these "business operations". As I previously stated, I have concerns about the possibility of certain repercussions that could affect owners and/or the marque. I'm just saying there's no need for the additional bias. No need to provide any additional negativity when they're doing quite well on their own at kicking their own teeth in. That's all.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast