FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Alpha V is on life support

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    They didn't even give the designer enough Play-Doh to make a whole model.
    I think a bunch of kids made that while drinking Cherry Lime-Ade's at Sonic. No stainless steel, no gullwing doors, no powertrain decided yet (hmm should it be electric or gas, or how about hybrid, or maybe we can do some of each.... LOL). And on a Corvette C8 chassis. Alpha 5 gets shit for being a Divinci on a Mercedes platform, and then production version moved to Taycan platform. Katmobile has nothing that resembles a DeLorean and is instead a re-skinned Vette. And people think she's a legit successor? All these made up fantasy cars need to go away.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) is pleased to announce that new, reproduction 304 Stainless Left Fenders are coming the summer of 2024! While we're seeing more and more of the "other guys" send off parts to some factory and have poor quality copies made
    This part made me laugh out loud. Now that Hervey's gone, they literally have the worst quality reproduction parts of any vendor. Who are these "other guys", the quality of the parts made by the other vendors is far superior to the trash dmch is peddling.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    This part made me laugh out loud. Now that Hervey's gone, they literally have the worst quality reproduction parts of any vendor. Who are these "other guys", the quality of the parts made by the other vendors is far superior to the trash dmch is peddling.
    I saw the repro left fender last weekend and it is amazing. It was placed next to an original for comparison.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I saw the repro left fender last weekend and it is amazing. It was placed next to an original for comparison.
    I heard the same. Glad to hear there's some bright stuff to look forward to.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    After my latest interaction with them, I can tell you they clearly do not give two sh!ts about their customers and only care about the money, even when you don't get a single thing you paid for - literally - which seems like what will be happening with the whole EV venture. Unless it is something I absolutely cannot get elsewhere, I am done.
    Last edited by dn010; 04-26-2024 at 10:47 AM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Wired: The Showdown Over Who Gets to Build the Next DeLorean

A new article dropped a couple of days ago on Wired.

It covers the distant and recent past decently. From JZD's rise and fall to the evolution of DMC(H), the new DMC and Alpha5 affiliated with same, Kat's quest, the trademark contentions, all the way to the apparent closure of the DMC office in Austin. Despite its title it's not all about Kat.

LINK: The Showdown Over Who Gets to Build the Next DeLorean

The Showdown Over Who Gets to Build the Next DeLorean

Decades after her dad?s iconic sports car time-traveled into movie history, Kat DeLorean wants to build a modern remake. There?s just one problem: Someone else owns the trademark on her name.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...io/ar-AA1nJvWR

MSN...lot more people going to be asking questions now.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Damn, the scam merely lasted 20 months... only a few months shy of the REAL DMCs operations of manufacturing cars (counting 01/81 to 10/82)
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

My takeaways from the [I]Wired[I] and MSN articles, Joost de Vries is your archetype tech bro douchebag, the name DeLorean is simply a recognizable one to slap on a Tesla wannabe, the Wynnes saw an opportunity to further profit with little downside to their existing business, Kat DeLorean has an inspiration to follow in her father's footsteps, and both the Alpha V (Tesla wannabe) and Kat's JZD have, at best, an infinitesimal chance of actually being built. For the record I'm rooting for Kat just because.

Over the past 40 some odd years between the original DMC's receivership and liquidation, JZD's criminal and civil trials, and the current disputes over DeLorean IP, law firms have been the real winners in the saga of DeLorean. I'm not a gambler but I'd be willing to wager more money has gone towards legal fees than was ever spent on engineering, factories, or parts.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast