FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reproduction LH and RH water pump hoses - ORIGINAL SHAPES!

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    2500s? Really? I'm 1643 and I've never know my car to have that? Was it a recall or something? I feel like I've seen quite a few pre-2500 cars and haven't seen that crazy thing. Very interesting indeed.
    On the early hoses, the left coolant hose took a quick turn behind and across the back of the AC compressor, then snaked around to the water pump.

Visually, I like the early hose set up...but I probably would complain a lot, and not like it as much, if I would have had to work around it for some simple jobs in that area (e.g.: valve cover gasket change, valve adjustment), as they would force you to undo the coolant system each time.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    2500s? Really? I'm 1643 and I've never know my car to have that? Was it a recall or something? I feel like I've seen quite a few pre-2500 cars and haven't seen that crazy thing. Very interesting indeed.
    Crap - I kind of hip-shot that VIN number , it was more like in the low teens (VIN 1223 according to one version of the parts book). Shops - and owners - have been converting to the later style for ease of maintenance and less heat on the compressor for a long time so it's not unusual to see the ""wrong" hose kit on a car now.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6125

Hooray for new coolant hoses!

Just in time for me to buy a kit to install this winter. I feel like I've been driving around in a ticking time bomb with my original rubber hoses.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Crap - I kind of hip-shot that VIN number , it was more like in the low teens (VIN 1223 according to one version of the parts book). Shops - and owners - have been converting to the later style for ease of maintenance and less heat on the compressor for a long time so it's not unusual to see the ""wrong" hose kit on a car now.
    Got ya. Thanks for the clarification. Definitely makes more sense. The handful of early early cars I was talking about that I've seen are between 1300 and 1900.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    Hooray for new coolant hoses!

Just in time for me to buy a kit to install this winter. I feel like I've been driving around in a ticking time bomb with my original rubber hoses.
    I would not say ticking time bomb. But there was a specific version of the left side hose that did not have any reinforcement fiber in it way back. I've been told it had the tendency to swell up like a ballon and burst. I don't know the specifics of how they made it on the car.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Interestingly, John (specialtauto) just posted his new Silicone hoses in the same shape.

Now we have lots of options!

--buddy

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

This is really cool. I count myself among the owners who didn't know his hoses were aftermarket when he got the car. I just installed brand new ones about two months ago, and they are the now-obvious 'aftermarket' shape as well. Oh well, next time!

Actually, I like the aftermarket LH shape better (the 'gentle bend' around the compressor looks kind of clunky) but I'm all for the original appearance, whatever it might be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3