FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3.0 Twin Turbo prv #01748 - Italy

Quote Originally Posted by cineman View Post
    I have to work on the gearbox for sure :P when will be the time i'll be in the market for a A610 clutch. How much can you sell it for ? My current source is quite very expansive for that ! I can go to a twin AP clutch for the same money
    what're you doing whit your delorean andrea ??
    this car is not made for circuit racing and it never wil.
    keep this one on the road and buy another car for racing
    sorry , but that's my opinion

nico
    vin 3662 twin turbo

Hi Nico, I really support what Andrea is doing because while the car "was never designed for circuit racing", it is a sister of the Lotus Esprit and a cousin of the Renault Alpine GTA/A610, all more powerful more capable cars. Let's see what the DeLorean is capable of before dismissing it as an exercise in turning it in to something it isn't.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Hi Nico, I really support what Andrea is doing because while the car "was never designed for circuit racing", it is a sister of the Lotus Esprit and a cousin of the Renault Alpine GTA/A610, all more powerful more capable cars. Let's see what the DeLorean is capable of before dismissing it as an exercise in turning it in to something it isn't.
    hi martin
    both front wheels make the same cirkel and that gives a lot of friction in the curve's
    maybe the lotus and renault haven't this problem
    i was whit my delorean on the circuit in zandvoort (holland) and it was terrible. and never do this again
    so the front wheel steering is the problem,not the car itself martin.

nico

My VIN:    #01748 #20011 #10902

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    what're you doing whit your delorean andrea ??
    ...said the one with the other custom 260hp Twin Turbo Delorean !
    Great to hear you again Nico ! Is your car going good ?
    To be onest, i can understand if someone talk me about originality and keeping the car stock for a collecting value, and that will be an opinion i can understand, but both me and you did a great work on the engine for a simple reason: we like technical works ! you like making dutcts, exhaust, weldings... i like more working on the electronic.
    And look at this: i'm not changin the nature of the car, i'm just working on what it's already on. I want to keep and use my car even for going on the road, and I will not make real racing: this things are mostly for show, i dont pretend to making time or fight someone with lot better cars... Lancia, Renault or who said...!
    The ultimate goal is having fun and experiment what we can do with the car, and make something someone never did ! Twin Turbo PRV engine, and you did the same. Delorean brakes are not the best even with stock car, so i made them better. Suspensions... we know they can be improved for a safety reason, and lot of us did in many ways ( Ed's reinforce, polyurethane bushings etc... ). I just want to make the most i can. And i know i can work with the gearbox for at least riding good!
    That race was onestly really shitty, and i found the gearbox ratio to be the real fault, ( apart the driver !! ) and also the steering, like you say.
    Maybe i can look for a short ratio steering box in the future... but I have to consider i still want to use it on the road
    So a little short gearbox ( or just 1st-2nd ) is ok.. other things i prefer not.
    I will not put a rollcage in my Delorean. But someone did that also, and can we said bad of it ? I think no i saw really great jobs.
    There are quite the same numbers of Delorean and Renault Alpine made, ( so is not a "rarity" talk ) but no-one is concerned if you make a custom Alpine than stock...
    I have also a Renault Alpine GTA, and im restoring it for making more real race, so dont worry that i will have a limit with the Delorean !
    Andrea - #01748 3.0lt Twin Turbo EFI, custom brakes, suspensions, manual trans - black interior -
    PRV's lover. Club Italiano Delorean www.dmc12.it

An interesting package arrived today for my car.
    Turbo's need the best cooling possible, and on a Delorean the cooling can be a problem. Even more, the PRV oil pump is not the best in the motor heaven...
    I hope Nico is stil reading...you remember Nico we talked about an oil heat exchanger for cooling better a twin turbo? Here is mine... quite expansive I have to say! but very important for me, and i trashed all the old bad little oil cooler and lines. This will be the defìnitive way i think.

here is it

will be go here, in the place of the automatic transmission oill cooler ( manual doesnt have... and this is not my car frame but a customer )

In the place of this

No-one did it uh ? I'm a crazy Delorean pioneer...
    Andrea - #01748 3.0lt Twin Turbo EFI, custom brakes, suspensions, manual trans - black interior -

Quote Originally Posted by cineman View Post
    Even more, the PRV oil pump is not the best in the motor heaven...
    You know the later engines have a higher flow rate than the DeLorean one?
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Keep us update Andrea, sound really interesting
    Nico, I sent you a FB invitation please

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    You know the later engines have a higher flow rate than the DeLorean one?
    sure, that's one of the reason i went with a 3.0lt safrane biturbo block...lot of little better things for a turbo... (oil pump, side crossed bolt, sodium valves etc... )

Banned

Fantastico! Superb! I'm envious!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3