FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Console switches don't align? Voila! Problem solved!

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by MNT250 View Post
    I have the more narrow renault switches and you barely can where there is the gap.
    Attachment 37230

I have the narrower Renault switches as well. How did you get them to light up? Do all of them support that feature?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10499

Check and see if your switch has all of the pins, but I assume they would be. I saw the "optionally illuminated" switches being sold and figured they were roughly the same after noticing there is a light inside of mine when you take the switch top off. Our connectors don't have a pin for the illumination circuit so you have to jump the pin next to it so they light up. The delorean club uk ones come with a nifty little jumper thing, but I just took a piece of wire and made a U and jammed it in there. Attached is that picture so you can see the pins to jump.

Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 3.56.20 PM.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

So why didn't you just use the jumper plate? It's a bit of a press fit but a clean install and your done.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    So why didn't you just use the jumper plate? It's a bit of a press fit but a clean install and your done.
    I have the Renault R9 switches, not the ones delorean vendors sell with illumination and the included jumper plate so I had to make my own jumper using a wire. I assume those cars come with the appropriate pins so they light up by default and what the vendors sell is an adapted version of the Renault switch with a delorean sized cap?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Console switches don't align? Voila! Problem solved!

what the vendors sell is an adapted version of the Renault switch with a delorean sized cap?
    The current vendor switch is not Renault.

It is a universal window switch that has been updated with the DMC style cap. This is why slight modification to the connector interface is required. It works very well.

I've seen the normal configuration of that switch offered with several universal power window kits.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 10-10-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    The current vendor switch is not Renault.

It is a universal window switch that has been updated with the DMC style cap. This is why slight modification to the connector interface is required. It works very well.

I've seen the normal configuration of that switch offered with several universal power window kits.
    It is a replacement switch made for Renaults, not made by Renault. I prefer the large style caps the DMCH units have.

http://kangxindk.en.ec21.com/Power_W...9_2320815.html
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...-/131315074057
    Last edited by Patrick C; 10-10-2015 at 11:41 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

For now it was something very affordable I thought looked better than my original switches with worn off symbols and was stoked to find out it had illumination and a nice solid click. I may end up breaking down and buying the larger cap ones eventually just so everything matches. Makes sense they are used in universal kits and such, I just purchased them advertised for a Renault R9 but they are obviously new. Either way the thread is about the switch alignment and seems what ever switch you may have this solution works great

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

For now it was something very affordable I thought looked better than my original switches with worn off symbols and was stoked to find out it had illumination and a nice solid click. I may end up breaking down and buying the larger cap ones eventually just so everything matches. Makes sense they are used in universal kits and such, I just purchased them advertised for a Renault R9 but they are obviously new. Either way the thread is about the switch alignment and seems what ever switch you may have this solution works great

That was my intention when setting final dimensions. The only exception I'm aware of is the DMCH defrost switch as it is wider by about .030" than the original switch. I was not willing to sacrifice the correct fit of an original switch to accommodate a production mistake so if you have one of those you simply need to shave off the excess material on a bench grinder. I shaved one down to confirm it is easily done. I tried to think of every possible concern with this product so it took a bit longer for the project to germinate than I expected. Both "Mattaligner" versions will be available in a few days or less.
    Rob

My VIN:    16409

Here are my switches. I found the narrower defrost switch too.

image.jpg
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Here are my switches. I found the narrower defrost switch too.

image.jpg
    That looks pretty good actually, I think I like the more narrow look. Get to see some more of the stainless on the 'mattaligner' too. Might have to see if I can track one down and copy ya. Do you know if it has illumination as well?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast