FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Console switches don't align? Voila! Problem solved!

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I didn't know you wanted me to make them! I have the one you gave me in my car and it works great. I'd be happy to make a production run so get in touch and we'll work out the details.
    Rob
    Just sent you an email Rob. I'm pretty sure most everyone would benefit from the plate. It also makes it very easy to access the switch connections since it comes out as a unit, verses the PITA it is to muscle and dig out each switch. Good stuff! Let's get this puppy rolling!
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    1776

This is a superb idea. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers, including me.

My VIN:    1569

Club(s):   (DOI)

Looks good, If it was me I would get them made in stainless as it would give a nice contrast on the centre console

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Looks good, If it was me I would get them made in stainless as it would give a nice contrast on the centre console
    The thing (IMO having tested and seen the plate "raw" installed) about that is you really only see the plate between switches at certain angles and an akward slice on either side of the dummy switches. Leaving it stainless (to my eyes) just makes it look unfinished and out of place. Kinda like "What's wrong with that guy's switche area? Is that a repair?". You just wouldn't see enough for the eye to look at it right. That being said, I'm sure it would be easy (once there is another run of them) to get a "plain" one if it is what you want, what do I know! Haha...

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I didn't know you wanted me to make them! I have the one you gave me in my car and it works great. I'd be happy to make a production run so get in touch and we'll work out the details.
    Rob
    I would take one!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5312

Did anyone ever take up to making these? I am really interested. My center buttons look like an old mans scraggly teeth

Rob and I will hash it out! Jon... On board? Assuming Rob produces these, you know they will be top quality. Stay tuned guys... It really is a MASSIVE improvement.

I too would want one of these plates. I have already destroyed one window switch trying to get it to fit in right. That was an expensive mistake. I tried "shaving" the new switch, and I also tried Dave's suggestion about using the 1" 2x4. Good idea, but still didn't give me enough room. But that along with this new plate (which should raise the switches up further) should solve my problem, I hope.

Thomas

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I finally ventured out to my garage (10 degrees and lots of snow between my house and the garage) and took the switchplate out of the green machine and gave it a look/see. I'm thinking of making two small dimensional changes to possibly ease the R&R of the plate but otherwise the thing works quite well. Next it's off to the metal shop for a quote. Hopefully I'll get things rolling fairly quickly on this. I'll PM you with more info.
    Frankly Matt I'd rather be on the left coast right now! Brrrrrr!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Just sent you an email Rob. I'm pretty sure most everyone would benefit from the plate. It also makes it very easy to access the switch connections since it comes out as a unit, verses the PITA it is to muscle and dig out each switch. Good stuff! Let's get this puppy rolling!

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

It won't fully solve the clearance issue but it will force the switch to stay in place. The new window switches are simply bigger than the NOS ones. What were they thinking? You will still have to pull up the mounting area a bit but it's doable. You have to be aggressive with your pulling up on the opening areas to actually get more clearance.
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I too would want one of these plates. I have already destroyed one window switch trying to get it to fit in right. That was an expensive mistake. I tried "shaving" the new switch, and I also tried Dave's suggestion about using the 1" 2x4. Good idea, but still didn't give me enough room. But that along with this new plate (which should raise the switches up further) should solve my problem, I hope.

Thomas

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast