FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fully documented EFI conversion

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Lightbulb Fully documented EFI conversion

Thought that might get a few hits..... Sean, can we make this sticky?

I will document in as much detail as possible, the steps I took to convert my car from stock to Megasquirt EFI, including photos, links and other references. Others who have been down the EFI path are welcome to do the same.

In return, I would only ask civility. It is not my intention to make this a contest, a forum for pissing on anyone's opinions or for comparisons to K-Jet or carbs. It is my hope that we could use this thread to provide a useful technical reference for anyone that may be thinking about going down this path.

If a third sticky were created, call it perhaps "Stock K-Jet maintenance" or something similar, then we have 3 distinct playgrounds for three distinct technologies. There would be no need to rant and rave about misquoting of one another or personal attacks. Posts should be limited to CONTRIBUTORY statements or questions with regards to that particular technology only. I'd like to see the thread owner's enforce this no-pissing rule and have the cooperation of the moderator to remove or edit postings to maintain the civility.

What say the masses?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I would love to see this become a successful thread. Once I get my EFI working after my upcoming second attempt, I will contribute as much as I can.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

I love the idea. I will go ahead and make this a sticky! Can't wait to see your progress!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

I'm for it -- I'm still hoping to do an EFI conversion and would love to have a detailed write-up. It might be nice to have more of a wiki form if multiple people are contributing, just to keep things organized and linear, but I'm just as happy with a long forum thread that I can read through as long as all the info is there.

Thanks!

-- Joe

My VIN:    5780

I, too, would like to see this thread take off. At some point down the road I would like to do an EFI conversion, and I think this could be an invaluable resource for myself and anyone looking to do this.

Ryan

My VIN:    06960

I will have to regather all of my info from my conversion. I had a fairly detailed documentation on my old .com engine thread about it.

Wonder if I can get just the raw text from that thread and reformat it myself.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This should be lots of fun. Although I like what I currently have, I'm very interested to read more information on converting to EFI.

Is it okay for the rest of us EFI guys to chime in with relevant info where it's appropriate? Between all of the successful conversions I think we can get a pretty comprehensive document going.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Yeah, I think that's what Owen was saying he's looking for out of this thread.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I've suggested to Mike that we create a couple of subfolders for software, hardware and integration/installation so that we can make this a reference. I don't know how or if it can be configured in this way or not.

I received his blessings for the removal of non-contributory comments in this thread; I have but to ask. This will not be allowed to become a pissing match or a competition. It is meant to be informative and collaborative. I really hope that you guys that have done similar conversions can share your experiences. For the people looking to learn from this thread, I hope they ask questions which we will in turn try to answer.

While waiting to see how the forum/directory may be configured, I'm building up a Word doc with text and pictures of my build. I can post iterations of it as it expands. I hope to have some available by tonight.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast