FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Clutch Master/Slave Recommendations?

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Jammer96 it’s the same process as bleeding the brakes.
    First get into a car any car and drive from your home in Fernandina, Florida to DMC Florida in Bonita Springs, Florida it’s only like 380 miles and they can demonstrate it done on/in a DeLorean.

Describing how to replace the clutch fluid is better done in person or in a video. There’s gotta be a video online somewhere that can show you how.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    Jammer96 it’s the same process as bleeding the brakes.
    First get into a car any car and drive from your home in Fernandina, Florida to DMC Florida in Bonita Springs, Florida it’s only like 380 miles and they can demonstrate it done on/in a DeLorean.

Describing how to replace the clutch fluid is better done in person or in a video. There’s gotta be a video online somewhere that can show you how.
    Thanks guys! I would like to see DMC FL sometime. Proto-1 is there and I'd like to see that as well.

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer96 View Post
    Thanks guys! I would like to see DMC FL sometime. Proto-1 is there and I'd like to see that as well.
    Here's a guide on changing/bleeding clutch fluid:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/clutchbleed.html

I stopped by DMC FL on vacation once and Proto 1 wasn't there! I think Tony had it at his house at the time, was disappointed I missed it. Good luck to you on seeing it, quite a piece of history.

My VIN:    16409

Home Made Clutch Bleeder

After watching a you tube video on the topic, I decided to make my own clutch bleeder. It's very simple to do, and makes the process a whole lot easier. I also recommend getting one of these bleeder Clutch Bleeder Lines from SpecialTAuto.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...h-Bleeder-Line

It gives you much better access. Anyway, to make the bleeder, get a glass jar and drill a small hole in the lid to accommodate a length of plastic hose. Next seal the area where the hose fits through the lid (I used a product called Goop). This will prevent any outside air from getting into the jar (I had failed to initially do this and it gave me issues). Once you have the hose fitted to the bleeder screw, open it up and start pumping the clutch pedal. Using this bleeder will allow you to keep the bleed screw open for the duration of the bleeding process. Once you see a clear fluid stream with no bubbles, you can close off the bleeder screw. Make sure you open the jar lid to relieve the pressure before you remove the hose, or else you'll get hydraulic fluid everywhere! I've attached a picture of the bleeder for reference.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You should add a small plastic check valve to the hose so it more closely duplicates the "One Man" bleeder kit. I also recommend you use a clear plastic bottle instead of glass, too breakable. You can get the check valve in any auto store, it is used in a lot of vacuum systems. Make a tiny hole in the lid to allow pressure to escape as you fill the bottle. Check the reservoir often to prevent it from emptying and drawing in air. NEVER reuse brake fluid no matter how good it looks. Dispose of properly.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3