Thread: Craigslist Delorean for auction Nashville

My VIN:    1505

Craigslist Delorean for auction Nashville

Anyone know anything about this?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/2651971983.html

I just stumbled upon it.

Jay

My VIN:    1800

Interesting... I may have to check it out this weekend. I wonder what kind of shape it's in?

I sent them an email, just waiting to hear back.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

My VIN:    3281, 6344

I saw a notice a few weeks ago and made the trek to this auction to take a look at this DeLorean. It sold for $4k to a typical auction-trolling wheeler dealer, so you'll probably see it pop up again on eBay This buyer was NOT a DeLorean aficionado, but as he put it, "I know what these cars are worth!" He thinks he got a screaming deal and was clearly willing to pay a lot more than he did (and definitely more than I would be willing to pay).

The auctioneer kept hyping that this was "signed by John DeLorean!" I couldn't see the signature - the glove box was brown, the passenger door didn't open, and the windows were too filthy. I caravanned from Nashville to DCS events in 1998 and 2000 with this car... it looked good then and was in good shape. It's in extremely poor condition now. Some of you who were on the DML back in that era may recognize this car.

Judging by the tree/bush that has grown through the air dam (which was freshly cut off), this car has clearly been sitting still in its field for quite some time. I didn't even bother looking at the frame. In typical fashion, they tried to start the car before the auction (!) - it did not start. The smell of fuel on the inside covered up most of the stench of mold, old broken beer bottles, and whatever else was inside.

The VIN is 6569, Nov 81 build, ~12k miles on the odometer. It's a pretty sad situation (and not just regarding the car).

Travis
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tgraham; 10-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I figured you would take a look at it Travis, thanks for giving the forum a look at what you found. Looks from the pics it also has a flat hood. Did it always have the flat hood? (b/c by the VIN it should have grooved of course). Damn shame someone would let a (formerly) good condition car go to crap like that, and it only took about a decade to decay to that level.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Very sad . Thanks for sharing the leg work.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The new owner is in store for a hard lesson.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Looks from the pics it also has a flat hood. Did it always have the flat hood?
    Yes, this car has a flat hood. From my photos from ~1999 & 2000, it was like that at the time, too.

Travis

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by tgraham View Post
    I saw a notice a few weeks ago and made the trek to this auction to take a look at this DeLorean. It sold for $4k to a typical auction-trolling wheeler dealer, so you'll probably see it pop up again on eBay This buyer was NOT a DeLorean aficionado, but as he put it, "I know what these cars are worth!" He thinks he got a screaming deal and was clearly willing to pay a lot more than he did (and definitely more than I would be willing to pay).

The auctioneer kept hyping that this was "signed by John DeLorean!" I couldn't see the signature - the glove box was brown, the passenger door didn't open, and the windows were too filthy. I caravanned from Nashville to DCS events in 1998 and 2000 with this car... it looked good then and was in good shape. It's in extremely poor condition now. Some of you who were on the DML back in that era may recognize this car.

Judging by the tree/bush that has grown through the air dam (which was freshly cut off), this car has clearly been sitting still in its field for quite some time. I didn't even bother looking at the frame. In typical fashion, they tried to start the car before the auction (!) - it did not start. The smell of fuel on the inside covered up most of the stench of mold, old broken beer bottles, and whatever else was inside.

The VIN is 6569, Nov 81 build, ~12k miles on the odometer. It's a pretty sad situation (and not just regarding the car).

Travis

What a mess that one is! That is no way to treat a D. I wonder if anything is useable on it.

My VIN:    16995

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm just a little worried this guy is going to let this car get worse in hopes that he could double or triple his money in a couple years.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by PlutonimicX View Post
    I'm just a little worried.....
    I'm not
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast