FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Auto vs Manual Delorean.

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auto

30 23.26%
  • Manual

89 68.99%
  • Either one, don't matter

12 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto vs Manual Delorean

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

i learned to drive a manual years ago specifically so i would be able to drive my manual D one day.

so yeah, manual.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc4087 View Post
    What rev thing in second?

Manual for me. My car used to be auto though.
    On several of the cars I've been in/driven, when you rev 1 up high and shift into 2, it often doesn't engage, you just rev and nothing happens, have to wait for the revs to drop, then go to 2
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    On several of the cars I've been in/driven, when you rev 1 up high and shift into 2, it often doesn't engage, you just rev and nothing happens, have to wait for the revs to drop, then go to 2
    That means you are basing your opinion on driving cars with defective transmissions. That is not how they are supposed to shift.

If you were to drive a manual with a sheared roll pin or bad slider gears, you wouldn't like it either.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    That is not normal.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Its easier to carb a manual.

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    That means you are basing your opinion on driving cars with defective transmissions. That is not how they are supposed to shift.
    That relieves my anxieties about it! Eventually I do want to see if I can convert the car. In the meantime, I don't have the cash to do it!
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Doesn't matter to me, when I started looking, I preferred a manual, but ended up getting a great deal on my auto, and since all I do is cruise, it's not that bad. Sometimes it takes some of the "fun" out of spirited driving, but then again, it adds a lot of fun cruising or in traffic.

I love hearing the die-hard stick fans brag about how much faster their manual is....yeah, unless some soccer-mom pulls up next to you in her Sienna(or any other car for that matter)...then you're toast no matter which you have.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-26-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

We've been through this discussion on the eurotec forum, but i was being outvoted by manual owners. I have a manual, but the only real downside of a manual would be the sore left leg from pressing the clutch in slow winding roads. As soon as you hit the highways this becomes a non-issue.

My VIN:    6125

I thiink cars with manual transmissions are 10x more fun to drive than those with automatics. Both my D and my daily driver have a manual trans.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Doesn't matter to me, when I started looking, I preferred a manual, but ended up getting a great deal on my auto, and since all I do is cruise, it's not that bad. Sometimes it takes some of the "fun" out of spirited driving, but then again, it adds a lot of fun cruising or in traffic.

I love hearing the die-hard stick fans brag about how much faster their manual is....yeah, unless some soccer-mom pulls up next to you in her Sienna(or any other car for that matter)...then you're toast no matter which you have.
    +1

Driving on the wrong side of the car and watching EVERYONE watching me, means I need to keep a closer eye all around me. So Auto is perfect for my situation where I am. Personally, I would like a manual, but pretty happy to go with the flow of traffic, chilling back and watching all the mobile phones taking pics around me. Plus no one wants to drag me, they are too eager to just cruise next to me staring at the D.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast