FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: AdmiralSenn (Adam S.) #3416 "Christine" Megasquirt conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    Not exactly. The shielded wire is your tach input. Gray/slate is the same wire as coil negative. For full spark control you'd tap the shielded wire into your VR wires from the distributor, and run pin 36 to the gray/slate (or direct to the coil).

Owen, I know you're running VR too. I just remember feeling like I was nuts, being the only one who did it that way. It was so long ago, though, I don't really remember. I vaguely remember advising somebody on it during their conversion, maybe it was yours - it was on the .com site.

Anyway, it doesn't matter who came up with it, I don't know why I even mentioned it. >_<

Any piercing insights into my hunting problem? I'll log on from the laptop shortly and upload the log.
    Okay, so I would have to add another wire; thanks! And that was me you advised on it

So the pin 36 talk was confusing me a bit, as I am running the relay board. I just looked it up; that corresponds to an igntion output port on the relay board. So in this case, once I have fueling going and tuned in the spring, I think I will go ahead with spark. Don't have a welder though, so will need to find someone to tack down the weights for me. Plus, I'd get to learn how to install a distributor.
    Last edited by opethmike; 11-02-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze