FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New fuel tank/sender module!

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

New fuel tank/sender module!

This was another product that we debuted at the Open House a couple of weeks ago.

This unit is a modern replacement for what is currently in the fuel tank of your DeLorean. Integrating a pump, baffle, in-tank filter and fuel sender this part is height adjustable to accommodate the variances found in the tank heights. Secured with a V-clamp, the module has a fuel-resistant rubber seal around the lip.

In production now, with initial deliveries in November, this unit comes with the fuel feed and fuel return lines already attached. Retail price $399 - less than a fuel pump update kit and tank sender combined.

The photo below is courtesy of Kevin Abato and GrenexMedia.com

James
    Attached Images

Thank's James but I can not see the picture, just the Thumbnail.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    This was another product that we debuted at the Open House a couple of weeks ago.

This unit is a modern replacement for what is currently in the fuel tank of your DeLorean. Integrating a pump, baffle, in-tank filter and fuel sender this part is height adjustable to accommodate the variances found in the tank heights. Secured with a V-clamp, the module has a fuel-resistant rubber seal around the lip.

In production now, with initial deliveries in November, this unit comes with the fuel feed and fuel return lines already attached. Retail price $399 - less than a fuel pump update kit and tank sender combined.

The photo below is courtesy of Kevin Abato and GrenexMedia.com

James

Have to ask an admin about that - works for me if I click on it...

James

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

James, does the current fuel sender just stay in the tank or will a new cap come with the pump to cover up the fuel sender hole?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My question is, how does its baffle compare to a stock setup? The location of this integrated baffle seems very similar to the location of my tuna fish can baffle. Many people critisize the tuna can baffle saying the stock setup works much better.

Quote Originally Posted by googoofan5 View Post
    James, does the current fuel sender just stay in the tank or will a new cap come with the pump to cover up the fuel sender hole?
    Initially we're advocating leaving the old sender in place - the added fuel volume gained by removing it is minimal, and we've not yet located/sourced a suitable, fuel resistant "plug" to fit the existing sender opening.

James

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Do you have any statistics on the pump itself? Volume, pressure, etc. Same as original? Better? Just wondering; I may be looking for a higher volume pump in the future.

Also if you dont mind me asking, is it totally custom to the DeLorean or is it adapted from another vehicle? (not asking for trade secretes, just wondering)

Very cool product! Definitely interested.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    My question is, how does its baffle compare to a stock setup? The location of this integrated baffle seems very similar to the location of my tuna fish can baffle. Many people critisize the tuna can baffle saying the stock setup works much better.
    That was discussed at length in this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...ight=fuel+pump

The sump on this one is much deeper (close to 1/2 the overall depth of the tank!) and has a sealed bottom with an inlet check valve. The tuna can baffles are not very deep and not very "tight". The OEM had this same shortcoming but being centered in the tank somewhat minimzed the problem.

This makes is much less likely to "run out" of fuel on acceration or hills. I was also skeptical at first until analyzing the construction/design of the unit.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Initially we're advocating leaving the old sender in place - the added fuel volume gained by removing it is minimal, and we've not yet located/sourced a suitable, fuel resistant "plug" to fit the existing sender opening.

James
    Correct! The OEM or Replacement senders do not displace much fuel at all. (The cylinder fills with fuel ) I'd be surprised if displaces a 1/3-1/2 cup total volume. Most of that would be the float at the very top when Overfilled up the filler neck.

FWIW: A plug does not need to be anything more than a metal (aluminum) or ABS plastic disc cut from sheet stock the same diameter as the rubber seal washer and retained the same way as the Sender.

1. Will the new module come with the appropreit factory style Wire Connectors for Plug-n-Play? Understandibly the module has it's own specific connector. I'm speaking of the opposite end of the supplied harness.

2. Does it retain the Low Fuel light function?

I wonder how much quieter these will be than the OE style.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 10-26-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

This is fantastic! Well done!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast